Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone expect the vrscb 2004-2005 to be a valuable machine in the future? Since it was only produced for 2 years I feel like it should probably be worth something in the future. I have one and people always tell me that its the only one like it that they have seen. I got it for $10,600 in 2007 with 7,000 miles on it. Im just curious to know if I should plan on this bike being a valuable piece. If so im gonna get another more common vrod and if not im going to ride the piss out of it and buy a SVT raptor instead.

Thanks guys!

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Check the classifieds here and ebay, if you are hoping for a high-dollar collectible you will likely be disappointed. I'd ride the piss out if, its what they were made for. Ask any street rod (VRSCR) owners how collectible their limited-production models are...

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
From my understanding even the X made for only one year is almost worth $25 with a full tank of gas. Sorry but any dreams of big bucks dried up years ago. Rare dose not equal money. Want equals money. In 40 years it may be worth something but I wouldnt wait. I mean the only factory bikes bringing in any real money are 50's and 60's panheads. Real as in over $20K though some will bring much more.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Gotta agree with Kevin - ride it, and enjoy it! Joe

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
From my understanding even the X made for only one year is almost worth $25 with a full tank of gas. Sorry but any dreams of big bucks dried up years ago. Rare dose not equal money. Want equals money. In 40 years it may be worth something but I wouldnt wait. I mean the only factory bikes bringing in any real money are 50's and 60's panheads. Real as in over $20K though some will bring much more.
Pans aren't bringing in the money anymore either. I was offered 30K for mine 8 years ago and can't even get 18k for it now and no bites @15k

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Does anyone expect the vrscb 2004-2005 to be a valuable machine in the future? Since it was only produced for 2 years I feel like it should probably be worth something in the future. I have one and people always tell me that its the only one like it that they have seen. I got it for $10,600 in 2007 with 7,000 miles on it. Im just curious to know if I should plan on this bike being a valuable piece. If so im gonna get another more common vrod and if not im going to ride the piss out of it and buy a SVT raptor instead.

Thanks guys!
You have to wonder why it was only produced for 2 years.
Only the DX and AW have survived for any length of time and who knows if that's good or bad for resale.

With the exception of the R , These are all the same damn bikes with some aesthetic changes, a few ponies here or there, some minor position changes and colors. As much rhetoric that flys about different models, it's basically the same platform.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I figured. I dunno I feel like it being the first generation of liquid cooled dual overhead cam harleys it may be worth more than I payed for it eventually. Look at all the people that thought muscle cars were losses. Or the dalorean haha.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
"eventually" is the keyword. How long are you willing to wait? in 100 years a mint 2004 VROD would be a collectible. Too bad I wont live long enough to see that happens.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
That's what I figured. I dunno I feel like it being the first generation of liquid cooled dual overhead cam harleys it may be worth more than I payed for it eventually. Look at all the people that thought muscle cars were losses. Or the dalorean haha.
Maybe in 30 years. Some big sales stiffs like the 1976 XLCR are $20-30k on a good day. The original Night Train, ect. Completely stock though.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
B's are always going to be worth more because they are the fastest ones made....

·
Registered
245 Posts
1990 Fatboy, first Fatboy produced, called the Grey Ghost, perhaps my favorite Harley. Mint, low miles, maybe $15,000.00 TOPS.
1997 or 1998 Heritage Softail Classic, white w/Red trim everywhere, perhaps my favorite Harley. Mint, low miles, all over the place for $15,000.00.

Your 2004-2005 VROD, hahahahahahahahahah.....enjoy it !!!
My 2003 100th Anniversary VROD.....hahahahahahahahaha, I just ride it and enjoy it.

I've NEVER considered any bike an "investment" but a toy that I'm blessed with to ride and enjoy.
Oh yeah, I WILL some day own both bikes mentioned at the top of my post. Some day !

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I was wandering around Thunder Cycle here in Ft. Lauderdale this morning (just for laughs). Eddie Trotta's version of OCC I guess. Gross, stretched monstrosities of chrome, steel, paint with 115ci motors with asking prices of over $100K.

Sick I AM, CRAZY I AIN'T!

Definitely a buyers market today, as opposed to say 92-97 or so, when we camped out to put deposit's on new HD's, and dealers were registering new bikes - putting 1,000 miles (and some extra chrome) on them - putting 'em on the floor as used, selling for more than the MSRP of NEW.

And the $20K+ I've put into my bike in the 6 months since I bought it - don't EVER expect to see a PENNY of that back. We do this for OUR PLEASURE.

Even though it's really cool to see people checking out my bike wherever I go - at the end of the day, the only person that has to be impressed with me - IS ME...

Rick

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was wandering around Thunder Cycle here in Ft. Lauderdale this morning (just for laughs). Eddie Trotta's version of OCC I guess. Gross, stretched monstrosities of chrome, steel, paint with 115ci motors with asking prices of over $100K.

Sick I AM, CRAZY I AIN'T!

Definitely a buyers market today, as opposed to say 92-97 or so, when we camped out to put deposit's on new HD's, and dealers were registering new bikes - putting 1,000 miles (and some extra chrome) on them - putting 'em on the floor as used, selling for more than the MSRP of NEW.

And the $20K+ I've put into my bike in the 6 months since I bought it - don't EVER expect to see a PENNY of that back. We do this for OUR PLEASURE.

Even though it's really cool to see people checking out my bike wherever I go - at the end of the day, the only person that has to be impressed with me - IS ME...

Rick
Sik,
You summed it up exactly, we can close this thread now.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
It might be worth more than you paid for it in a couple hundred years.Right now,an 04 V-Rod is valued at about 7 grand if it has low miles and is in perfect shape.What you would actually be able to get for it is about 5500 in perfect shape.
It's only a motorcycle but,imagine making mortgage payments on a home that was financed for say 200 grand that is now worth only about 140.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It might be worth more than you paid for it in a couple hundred years.Right now,an 04 V-Rod is valued at about 7 grand if it has low miles and is in perfect shape.What you would actually be able to get for it is about 5500 in perfect shape.
It's only a motorcycle but,imagine making mortgage payments on a home that was financed for say 200 grand that is now worth only about 140.
A bunch of guys rode pre 1920 bikes coast to coast. 100 year old bikes going down the freeway. Didn't seem like a lot of value in the bikes.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
A bunch of guys rode pre 1920 bikes coast to coast. 100 year old bikes going down the freeway. Didn't seem like a lot of value in the bikes.
Harley motorcycles hold value pretty well,but I doubt there are many around that we could sell and live for 10 years from the sale money.

DMX Racing looked at a picture of mine and it gained 30hp...
That aint shit,I had a DMX employee touch mine.The next dyno run showed 430 rwhp and 550 ft lbs of torque @ 4200 rpm's.There was so much power at the rear wheel,the operator was scared it was going to rip the drum right out of the dyno machine!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts