Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
justinC
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the handle bars on the "b" model are adjustable. I have looked in the owners manual and can't find anything on this topic. I am looking to lower mine about an inch. I am also pretty sure that the HD drag bars will not fit my model. Can somebody tell me how to adjust my bars, and if they will not lower what are some aftermarket drag bars that will fit my bike. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
vrscb handlebar adjustment

justinc said:
I've heard that the handle bars on the "b" model are adjustable. I have looked in the owners manual and can't find anything on this topic. I am looking to lower mine about an inch. I am also pretty sure that the HD drag bars will not fit my model. Can somebody tell me how to adjust my bars, and if they will not lower what are some aftermarket drag bars that will fit my bike. Thanks for all your help.
I have just adjusted my bars on my vrscb and all you have to do is loosen the hex head screw behind the instrument cluster. This will then allow you to pull the cluster away enough to gain access to the handlebar clamp which has 4 hex screws that you loosen and can then position the bars where you want.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What size are the hex head screw behind the instrument cluster and the 4 hex screws for the handlebar clamp?

I need to buy some hex head stuff and would like to know what size.

·
2004 Black VRSCB
112 Posts
04 b model handle bar adjustment

:helpme: I was wondering if any of the tech's on this site may know the correct torque specs for adjusting the handlebars. do i need to remove the hex heads and apply any type of threadlocker to them? if so what strength? Just asking? they need to be brought back and i haven't learn to ride with no hands yet!!
this forum is great and full of interesting stuff. Keep it up.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
B models offer bars that are 'slightly' adjustable...
you can loosen the bolts and move the bars a little up or down, but because of the bends on the bar, there's not too much you can do....

But... because they don't have built in risers like the A models, you can easily swap them out for any handle bar that's 1" in diameter... and if you are looking for a drag bar ( the HD will fit, but so will many others), you can go with a broom stick or something with a slight bend, and you won't have to buy new throttle cables and clutch line!

Post pics when you swap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts