Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...first time posting here, but been on here reading for years. I had a 2007 aw jake/elwood blue. It was totalled in Sept 2008. Watch out for 16 year old girls who've had their license for 2 weeks. Hit her at about 50 and flew a good 50 feet. Landing on my face....and no, no helmet. Anyway, they wanted 12,500 to repair, and I wasnt going to spend that much on a salvaged title bike. Figured Id just get a new one when insurance pays out. As of today, they still havent paid a dime of medical, lost wages, or p&s. So Im still waiting to get a new bike. And as Im sure you all know, they discontinued the aw. So now Im going to end up with a 2009 or 10 aw or a 2011 dx. I know the bars sit farther forward on a dx. I loved the way I sat on the aw so Im going to get the reduced reach bars to try and "fix" the difference. And I also know the dx sits a little lower. And Im 6'3" and 220. I guess my question is with the bar change, how close to an aw would the dx be? Except for the obvious...looks. Anyone whos dealt with both bikes and has any advise would be appreciated. Oh, and if anyone knows how to get the insurance co TO PAY ME!!!, that would be appretiated too. Thanks, Tim

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
Sorry about the wreck and insurance crap and how's your face? Ya look fine from here :) I have a 07AW and love it, however if I could go back I would have nabbed the DX for looks alone and just changed the bars. Good luck! P.S. I love my FF Helmet, just sayin. Last I heard HD still makes the VRSCAW

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:them: Also have an '07AW, mainly because the DX had a 3 month waiting period and the AW was just sitting there waiting for me to ride home.

got an attorney? if yes, fire him and get a dedicated moto attorney instead.
How many plates you have in your face now? I have 5 titanium plates & 20 screws from my sans helmet meeting with a teenage texting driver.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
Hi...first time posting here, but been on here reading for years. I had a 2007 aw jake/elwood blue. It was totalled in Sept 2008. Watch out for 16 year old girls who've had their license for 2 weeks. Hit her at about 50 and flew a good 50 feet. Landing on my face....and no, no helmet. Anyway, they wanted 12,500 to repair, and I wasnt going to spend that much on a salvaged title bike. Figured Id just get a new one when insurance pays out. As of today, they still havent paid a dime of medical, lost wages, or p&s. So Im still waiting to get a new bike. And as Im sure you all know, they discontinued the aw. So now Im going to end up with a 2009 or 10 aw or a 2011 dx. I know the bars sit farther forward on a dx. I loved the way I sat on the aw so Im going to get the reduced reach bars to try and "fix" the difference. And I also know the dx sits a little lower. And Im 6'3" and 220. I guess my question is with the bar change, how close to an aw would the dx be? Except for the obvious...looks. Anyone whos dealt with both bikes and has any advise would be appreciated. Oh, and if anyone knows how to get the insurance co TO PAY ME!!!, that would be appretiated too. Thanks, Tim
Where are you in Iowa?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have all of the A stuff from my 03 for sale if your interested in swapping whatever you get back to the setup you liked. Clam handle bars and throttle/ idle cables, bezel. let me know if your interested.

·
'00 107" FXD, '07 AW
1,232 Posts
:them: ... from my sans helmet meeting with a teenage texting driver.
Any texting driver .. many times I've watched them, obliviously, leave havoc behind from, cutting off other drivers, running red lights without a clue.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I have all of the A stuff from my 03 for sale if your interested in swapping whatever you get back to the setup you liked. Clam handle bars and throttle/ idle cables, bezel. let me know if your interested.
I have the A setup on my dx.Works well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts