Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hopefuly it isnt TOO bad. I plan on keeping the seats on it and not changing them. She doesnt ride enough now to justify doing much. I have the mini sissy bar coming in the mail today. Want to keep the slow/sleek look. If she complains too much I'll see about adding in a gel pad but otherwise shes SOL :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hopefuly it isnt TOO bad. I plan on keeping the seats on it and not changing them. She doesnt ride enough now to justify doing much. I have the mini sissy bar coming in the mail today. Want to keep the slow/sleek look. If she complains too much I'll see about adding in a gel pad but otherwise shes SOL :D
I agree with all of this. I have a DX and ditched the stock rear seat for the aw. It makes a world difference in the lines of our bikes. 100% better! I like it so much I almost don't care how she feels. It's a thin line between what my girl wants and her bossing me around about modding my bike to my liking which I will not let her do. My girl has been complaining about the lack of sissy bar which I refuse to put on b/c its damn ugly! She doesnt like having it so much she wont ride with me w/o it. :blahblah:. I have the mini sissy bar (the smallest HD one that is one step above nothing) on order also. She rides so little its gonna have to do or she is also SOL. I sold my sport bike for the DX b/c I thought she would feel more comfortable on it. Now she is breaking balls about my DX....I told her I should buy another sport bike and see how she likes that again.

On a side note about the comfort of the aw seat compared to the dx. I sat on both seats while parked in the garage and the DX seat is definately more comfortable and padded. I think the aw seat would suck for a day ride.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haahaa you guys are great. Im not getting a sissy bar either but if a gel pad was made for this problem, thats a definate option I would take. They make the sundowner pillion that doesnt look so bad too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah I'm definitely with you firemt! Just sold my rr and got the vrod. Love the looks of the seat but it is on the thin side as far as comfort but she's sol lol. I didn't want a sissy bar at all but I like to give it hell from time to time and I guess its a cheap price to avoid dumping her off. That's all it is... a butt stop lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
I listen to my girl about tons of stuff and take alot of crap from her w/o issues or problems on my end. My bike is just that...mine! Its also my personal expression of my taste and my one freedom I have to do as I please. Its one thing I will do as I want and not care much about her thoughts.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
no matter what u do to the stock A pilion shes not going to be happy riding it on her bits the stocker is just to thin it doesnt even get near the ass cheeks to spread the load ,,lol,the difference between the sundowner and the stocker is like the diffeence between a g string and granny undies , g string looks great but tends to ride up the crack and granny undies look ugly but more comftable and practable

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Send the pillion to jerry at american soft seats. Keep the smooth line and offer a bit more comfort. Option 2 is a second pillion - swap out for the occaisonal rider. Option 3 (what I did) buy her her own bike! She practically insists the passenger seat sucks! Joe

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the wider pass pillion and the stock pillion if I am taking a trip I switch out pillions and add the sissy bar with pad and the rack when I get back I remove everything and go back to the stock pillion for the sleek look the best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
So GLAD I'm too much of an asshole to have a woman stick around for more than 15 minutes (to an hour) ANYWAY.

They're much cheeper to RENT than they are to OWN (women that is)...

Love the lines of the AW seat on the DX, it matches the Sundowner rider seat much better than the stocker and disappears into the fender.

I don't 2-up anyone on a regular enough basis to be concerned about their comfort, usually they're either too wasted, or too scared to notice the seat anyway.

Don't get on from the right side (oh, so you think a CRACK PIPE IS HOT?), if your nipples aren't leaving indentations in my shoulder blades you aren't holding on tight enough, don't attempt to steer the bike by twisting my shoulders or ribs, don't lean (back to the nipple part), stop frikkin twitching.

No sissy bars or backrests - I'm more worried about them scratching my fender, than I am about them bouncing down the highway.

(I'm sure you're all beginning to see why I'm divorced 3X, and LIVE ALONE?)

Rick

Riding alone is a lot more fun.

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Too funny, Rick!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stock seats are horse poo, only good for being there,useless for a passanger unless you a sadist...mine swopped out for a touring seat, thicker, wider and LOADS more comfort for the wiffie...also looks good.

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Stock seats are horse poo, only good for being there,useless for a passanger unless you a sadist...mine swopped out for a touring seat, thicker, wider and LOADS more comfort for the wiffie...also looks good.
I agree that the Sundowner pillion is WAY better than stock, but don't kid yourself about it looking good on the bike.
I keep my stocker pillion on the bike until the wife decides to ride along, then I swap out to the Sundowner.

·
Apprentice Poser
427 Posts
lol....

Everyone complained about the stock pillion on my '03 VRSCA. All of them now say the stock pillion on my '07 VRSCAW is really sweet....no complaints.

Flipside is, I got the shitty end of the deal....for some reason the '03 pilot's seat was more comfortable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree that the Sundowner pillion is WAY better than stock, but don't kid yourself about it looking good on the bike.
I keep my stocker pillion on the bike until the wife decides to ride along, then I swap out to the Sundowner.
:laugh::laugh:

NO seat is the best look for me....solo cut tail...:dance:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.