Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! This is my first post, hopefully I can find some help here. I have a 2003 VRSCA Anniversary rod, I am planning on changing the wheels and putting on a 240 rear tire. I've read all the posts about converting (super helpful!!) but am stuck on finding wheels that aren't astronomically expensive. I was thinking of buying a set of V ROD 09-17 Muscle Wheels or 11-16 Harley Davidson Chrome V ROD Night Rod Wheels VRSCDX, but I'm not sure if they'll fit. Does anyone know if they will, or have other suggestions for me. THANK YOU in advance!!!!

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
Been there and done that already. Check the bearing size one what you're going to put on and also check the rotor size too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Everyone!!

I'm going to go ahead and order the wheels. A guy on Face book gave me a list of parts I need. Here are the parts he suggested.

HD 9247 Bearings
HD 40627-06 drive belt
HD 40564-06 rear sprocket

He also mentioned using a later model wheel bearing spacer, and having it machined down, and using the 3 axle spacers as removed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and order the wheels. A guy on Face book gave me a list of parts I need. Here are the parts he suggested.

HD 9247 Bearings
HD 40627-06 drive belt
HD 40564-06 rear sprocket

He also mentioned using a later model wheel bearing spacer, and having it machined down, and using the 3 axle spacers as removed.
For which wheels is this list of parts for? Any VROD wheel or a certain year model. Do these wheels need to be 8.5" to accommodate the 240? I have the stock solids and want to do this mod as well. I was about to send my wheels to Ruthless Designs to have them cut but if I cant do a 240 then I need to go another route.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Man that is good looking! I am leaning toward black rims but this looks real good! Did you have the swing arm chromed or is that aftermarket? Do you know if this year model came in black rims or do you happen to know what year model has black rims and is 8.5 inches?
All are 8". In black you can have Night Rod Special 2012 on (as in pic but black) or earlier slotted type. Or Muscle 5 spoke (black and polished alloy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.