Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I ahve a 2002 VRSCA with a 240 modification with a fiber glass rear fender, want to put the stock
180 rear fender. My question is this, is it possible ?
What do I have to do ?
Can I have a passenger and the 240 tire won´t scrap on the 180 rear fender.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hi,
I ahve a 2002 VRSCA with a 240 modification with a fiber glass rear fender, want to put the stock
180 rear fender. My question is this, is it possible ?
What do I have to do ?
Can I have a passenger and the 240 tire won´t scrap on the 180 rear fender.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Yes can be done. I had one with my 240. You need to spread it out a bit at the bottom to give a little more clearance and if you are running the inner fender as well you need to cut away all the lower part and spread the remainder a little also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CoastRider,

Thanks for the response and support, makes sense what you have responded. I have been following the documentation from the kit of RC COMPONENTS. Please refer to link - http://www.rccomponents.com/documents/240 V-ROD inst.pdf
My bike has the 240 mode but with a fiber fender, I never dismantled a rear fender.
I am a technical guy but what I and reading through the above pdf mode,
Page 8, point 12 is OK
Page 9, points 13 to 16 – my doubt is point 15, use supplied washers, also how to fix the inner fender to outer fender & number plate bracket. From pictures of inner fender that comes with bolts & washers that fix to struts that will have to be removed BUT the bolts are long and where are they tightened to outer fender ?
Want to order these parts but to ensure all runs smooth, in europe we don´t have the know how of the USA.

Thanks for the support,

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hi CoastRider,

Thanks for the response and support, makes sense what you have responded. I have been following the documentation from the kit of RC COMPONENTS. Please refer to link - http://www.rccomponents.com/documents/240 V-ROD inst.pdf
My bike has the 240 mode but with a fiber fender, I never dismantled a rear fender.
I am a technical guy but what I and reading through the above pdf mode,
Page 8, point 12 is OK
Page 9, points 13 to 16 – my doubt is point 15, use supplied washers, also how to fix the inner fender to outer fender & number plate bracket. From pictures of inner fender that comes with bolts & washers that fix to struts that will have to be removed BUT the bolts are long and where are they tightened to outer fender ?
Want to order these parts but to ensure all runs smooth, in europe we don´t have the know how of the USA.

Thanks for the support,
Can't help you with the number plate bracket and mounting of fender because mine was cut off at the back to shorten it so had no rear light or plate mount. Also I did not have these washers they talk about. The struts were removed and the shock bolts tightened fine without .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CoastRider, thanks are you in Spain ? The parts I am buying in from Spain, but they are having some issues but a great team. Else I could put you guys in contact... Thanks

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
CoastRider, thanks are you in Spain ? The parts I am buying in from Spain, but they are having some issues but a great team. Else I could put you guys in contact... Thanks
Yes I am in Spain, not surprised you are having issues if its postage. Post is pretty bad here at the moment even if the business you are buying from is open. Parts for V Rods are not that common here and pretty expensive. I guess you probably have the same issue in Portugal? Who is it you are dealing with?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I managed to solve my problem from Spain, excellent machanic & support plus pricing. Thanks for the support.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts