Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
san francisco baby
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a fix for a rattling rear splash guard? I'm talking about the guard between the rear tire and the fuel tank. It's a little loose, just enough to vibrate at about 5K rpm. My stock pipes don't cover up the noise. I don't se any mounting hardware to tighten. thanks

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
There are two nuts under the seat on the frame, on each side of the pillion mounting point bolt and are spaced about six inches apart. You may need to remove the pillion to get a socket on them. An easy fix.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Anyone have a fix for a rattling rear splash guard? I'm talking about the guard between the rear tire and the fuel tank. It's a little loose, just enough to vibrate at about 5K rpm. My stock pipes don't cover up the noise. I don't se any mounting hardware to tighten. thanks
I agree with V-LOCO. You should get a Parts Catalog (99457-03). Here's a picture from the 2002 catalog that shows this mudflap hardware.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Here's another good source for schematics;

http://www.bikebandit.com/harley-davidson-motorcycle-parts/oem-parts

All you have to do is click on your year bike, then the model and go thru the schematics... You can print them out which is nice...
Agree, these drawings will show the assembly components and relative position as well as the HD books and for less cash so it's a good resource. There is one caution though; the part numbers displayed here aren't the HD part numbers so you won't be able to source the part from any other vendor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts