Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, im running a 2006 VRSCA.
Fairly standard apart from [email protected] full system.
Is there anything i can do , sensible mods to improve performance..fuel mpg?
Thought about a k&n..
does it make any real difference, any advice would be appreciated..bit of a newbie with the Rod.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hi people, im running a 2006 VRSCA.
Fairly standard apart from [email protected] full system.
Thought about a k&n..
does it make any real difference, any advice would be appreciated..bit of a newbie with the Rod.
Filter itself won't do much of anything. Generally, most are happy with a stage 1 . This is exhaust, filter and the key ingredient is a good tune. Good is a relative term as there are so many hacks out there claiming a good tune. Yes, both better mpg and performance can be had in one package with the right person tuning. It will not come from the dealer , by the way.
Ron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Filter itself won't do much of anything. Generally, most are happy with a stage 1 . This is exhaust, filter and the key ingredient is a good tune. Good is a relative term as there are so many hacks out there claiming a good tune. Yes, both better mpg and performance can be had in one package with the right person tuning. It will not come from the dealer , by the way.
Ron
If i fit a k&n filter, considering i have a stage 1 v&h pipe system fitted, will i need to retune, or can i just fit it and go?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Is it already tuned at stage 1 w/the VH Pipes? Then just a free flowing AF wont "need" a tune I think but maybe go topless w/the k&n filter, and re-tune it- you have a tuner?
IMHO 180 rear wheel and tire weigh less, handle better and reclaims some horsepower.
And also agree with Knut j -"And a 30t front pulley."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it already tuned at stage 1 w/the VH Pipes? Then just a free flowing AF wont "need" a tune I think but maybe go topless w/the k&n filter, and re-tune it- you have a tuner?
IMHO 180 rear wheel and tire weigh less, handle better and reclaims some horsepower.
30T Pulley is standard on UK Model,thanks..

·
VRSC est -03
2,507 Posts
Back in time I had my first V-rod (2003) dyno`d/tuned I managed to get fuel consumption as low as 0,5litre pr 10 kilometer. Super easy throttle and steady 90km/h, 30t sprocket & stage1.

·
VRSC est -03
2,507 Posts
Not for performance but mpg, a 32t pulley:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts