Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of Helperformance front brake lines as they sell a stock replacement for the 2003 VRSCA.

I believe they have been made to the wrong length but I am unsure. The brake lines on both sides are about 2 inches from the wheel and unless I pull them really tight the bango fitting will not sit flush against the caliper. Is this normal ? Should brake lines be pulled tight or should they curve into place. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Looks like they may have sent you the kit for the later models with the Brembo type calipers where the pipe mounts higher. Check part no.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like they may have sent you the kit for the later models with the Brembo type calipers where the pipe mounts higher. Check part no.

Thank you for the reply coast rider. That is exactly what they have done!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good. The guys at Helperformance sent me new lines and they fit perfect! Very pleased and the braided lines look great!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
2003 v-rod rear brake lines are ok at the pedial no fluid coming out what can it be?
Not trying to be smart, but there is fluid in the reservoir?
If yes then possibly the master cyl is airlocked or the small hole in the cyl that lets the fluid in could be blocked. Very common if the fluid is not changed regularly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes full. all lines open just wont go through the master cyl. worked when i got the bike then it got soft tried to bleed but no luck . wonder if you can rebuild or buy new master cyl?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
yes full. all lines open just wont go through the master cyl. worked when i got the bike then it got soft tried to bleed but no luck . wonder if you can rebuild or buy new master cyl?
Yes both kit and cyl available.
Make sure that hole is clear where the feed pipe goes into the cyl. Have you tried bleeding it right at the cyl?
REBUILT KIT, master cylinder Part no. 42382-87E
MASTER CYLINDER ASSEMBLY Part no. 42585-01A

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes right at banjo bolt nothing. should there be air flowing through the master cyl. sprayed brake clean in letting soak right now.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
yes right at banjo bolt nothing. should there be air flowing through the master cyl. sprayed brake clean in letting soak right now.
You don't really have air flowing through it, but as the cyl is pressed it should push air from the outlet and then with that outlet closed it should draw fluid through the small entry hole mentioned before upon the piston returning. Hence the reason for the need to check that hole. Occasionally some success can be had by reverse bleeding it by pushing fluid up the line into the cyl and reservoir. It sounds like you may have to strip the cyl and rebuild it. No, not a dealer, just an experienced tech.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts