Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. can anyone help , the alarm is driving me up the wall , i want to pull the plug on it for good , has anyone taken the fuse out ? If so is there a specific way or just remove it , cheers tonyo,

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
  1. can anyone help , the alarm is driving me up the wall , i want to pull the plug on it for good , has anyone taken the fuse out ? If so is there a specific way or just remove it , cheers tonyo,
On the non US models you are stuck with it. On the US models you can disable autoarm. The only way I could see to do it would be to change the TSSM for a US spec one then have the HD dealer program the ECM to US spec with Digital Technician. (if they would do it, and a big if!)
If it is just the noise that bothers you, you could remove the siren / battery pack. to shut it up but the immobiliser etc would still kick in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the non US models you are stuck with it. On the US models you can disable autoarm. The only way I could see to do it would be to change the TSSM for a US spec one then have the HD dealer program the ECM to US spec with Digital Technician. (if they would do it, and a big if!)
If it is just the noise that bothers you, you could remove the siren / battery pack. to shut it up but the immobiliser etc would still kick in.
Ide be more than happy to disarm the syren ,
Ide be more than happy to disarm the siren , where would i find this battery pack . Cheers,

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
Could you just replace the TSSM with a TSM eliminating the security system all together?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Could you just replace the TSSM with a TSM eliminating the security system all together?
That is another option if you didnt want to use the security ever again. The only thing I am not 100% sure about is if you change the TSSM for any other than the original I think it has to be programmed by DigitalTechnician so you have the same problem as changing it for a US version. As I say not certain.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ide be more than happy to disarm the syren ,

Ide be more than happy to disarm the siren , where would i find this battery pack . Cheers,
The siren and battery is in one piece and is under the frame just behind the petrol tank. An easier option could be to snip the Light Green / Brown wire on Pin 11 of the TSSM plug. This is the signal wire to the siren.

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
According to my documentation the security module and the siren are two different modules.
Security system can be 68200-07 68207-07 69271-07 or 69722-07 depending on your bike. They fit all VRSC models, 2002+ touring, 2003+ softtails and 2004+ Dytna's
The siren kit is 68328-02 which should be good for all 2002-2007+ bikes.

It should be noted these numbers are taken from the H-D instructions for the kits at the time I purchased them. I am not sure of the fitment of future models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a module under the passenger seat cushion. It has a short wire sticking out of it which is the alarm antenna. Simply unplug this module.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
There is a module under the passenger seat cushion. It has a short wire sticking out of it which is the alarm antenna. Simply unplug this module.
Depends on his year. If its pre 07 which I am guessing it is as he posted in the vrsca section then those modules did not have an antenna.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts