Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've been told all I have to do is drill out tree to 1/2" then I can install any Harley Davidson riser?

Local shop I just came from says I need a thicker tree to bolt to?

So what's my options with this? I'm going to move my gauges into my I take have it an everything. Need some opinions an help ty

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
Ok I've been told all I have to do is drill out tree to 1/2" then I can install any Harley Davidson riser?

Local shop I just came from says I need a thicker tree to bolt to?

So what's my options with this? I'm going to move my gauges into my I take have it an everything. Need some opinions an help ty
That's been my understanding.

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
To the drilling part?
Yes, "regular " H-D handlebar risers are larger in diameter; requiring you to drill out the holes in the top triple tree in order to mount them to a vrod.

Now considering that your stock "A" model handlebars and risers are one piece, here's a thread about changing bars on an "A" model.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305594&highlight=drag+bars+vrsca

That thread states that Fitzgerald was modding the one piece handlebar. If he still does that, you could change without drilling the top tree.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, "regular " H-D handlebar risers are larger in diameter; requiring you to drill out the holes in the top triple tree in order to mount them to a vrod.

Now considering that your stock "A" model handlebars and risers are one piece, here's a thread about changing bars on an "A" model.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305594&highlight=drag+bars+vrsca

That thread states that Fitzgerald was modding the one piece handlebar. If he still does that, you could change without drilling the top tree.
Thx
Looks like I might be drilling then. Seems cheapest route just worried about having to replace cables maybe

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.