1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
By the way you might want to order it through the dealership, cause the ebay price is the retail price plus 10 dollars. Save the money and go for a ride to the dealer. Not sure how it works on the R though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So, I found this tank bag on ebay, but of course it does not fit the "R". It would be nice to have something like this and I was wondering if anyone has one and how they made it work on their "R"? I can't imagine it would be too hard to make work...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-VRSC-V-Rod-Frame-Bag-94204-03A-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ230504309031QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
I know that there are a lot of differences between the R and the "lesser" Vrods, but isn't the part of the frame where this bag is mounted the same on all VRSC's?

·
"Vrod King"
871 Posts
I had one of those bags. Piece of dog pooh. Zipper kept coming apart on the damn thing. Finally just whipped the thing in the trash and got a round leather one and zip tied it to the side of the frame.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
If your bike was built after mid 2006 it will have a steel air box cover. Put a magnetic tank bag on the bike. Easy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your bike was built after mid 2006 it will have a steel air box cover. Put a magnetic tank bag on the bike. Easy.
The thread was supposed to be titled "Frame Bag"...I don't particularly like the look of a tank bag...just looking for something low key, to hold a few small items if needed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts