Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a vrod with akrapovic exhaust k&n filter . I got the power vision with the tune for this exhaust. Now the bike idles surge and at times it will just shut off on while riding or at a light . Also bad decel pop . I added 5%decel fuel and 3 degrees on decel. Someone please help me!!!

I just changed plugs right before the exhaust , brand new battery and voltage regulator. seems to be no exhaust leak But the gasket under the bottom air box is torn if that will cause anything.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I got a vrod with akrapovic exhaust k&n filter . I got the power vision with the tune for this exhaust. Now the bike idles surge and at times it will just shut off on while riding or at a light . Also bad decel pop . I added 5%decel fuel and 3 degrees on decel. Someone please help me!!!

I just changed plugs right before the exhaust , brand new battery and voltage regulator. seems to be no exhaust leak But the gasket under the bottom air box is torn if that will cause anything.
You need to actually tune it. All of the issues you describe are from being too lean at idle and decel areas. Base gasket won't effect what you are experiencing. Keep in mind no base cal will work well and most of the Dynojet cals likely never even saw a dyno to develop them. Auto-generated is the actual process. For test purposes, add 3-5% to the 1000-4500 0% column of front and rear ve tables, save and reload the cal. I bet it improves. Sounds like might need more then 5% but take baby steps. A full tune is still the best option.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts