Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Funnily enough I looked at the Yamaha after I decided it was 'time'. All said and done, the standard version just couldn't hack it, in spite of being €5000 cheaper (liquid-cooled v air-cooled motor). It's heavier and slower, doesn't look as 'modern' and its resale value will be much less than the Vrod in 3 years. Oh, and its Japanese, and, as far as I'm concerned, only their hypersports and dirt bikes are worth buying. :kaz:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
good read they should put some v-mods on the rod

·
Registered
214 Posts
They "allowed" mods to the Yamaha because it cost less than the V-Rod???

Where I come from, thats not an apples to apples comparison. I can just hear their reasoning behind this... Here's the author and editor talking about it.

Author - "This isn't a fair comparison... the V-Rod costs more. How can we make it even?"

Editor - "umm, I dunno, why don't you get some bolt on mods to raise the price of the Warrior."

Author - "Good idea...er. duh um... does $12,000 + $500 in mods equal $17,000?"

Editor - "Yes of course you moron! The 12 & 5 make 17 right!"

Author - "oh yeah... thanks boss. You're so smart."

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
They can do all the mods they want on a Warrior and it still won't come close to our V-rods! :thumb: They would have to at least add nitrous and/or turbo to make it as fast. :blahblah:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Leon said:
They "allowed" mods to the Yamaha because it cost less than the V-Rod???

Where I come from, thats not an apples to apples comparison. I can just hear their reasoning behind this... Here's the author and editor talking about it.

Author - "This isn't a fair comparison... the V-Rod costs more. How can we make it even?"

Editor - "umm, I dunno, why don't you get some bolt on mods to raise the price of the Warrior."

Author - "Good idea...er. duh um... does $12,000 + $500 in mods equal $17,000?"

Editor - "Yes of course you moron! The 12 & 5 make 17 right!"

Author - "oh yeah... thanks boss. You're so smart."
:rofl: :banghead: :stooge: You have obviously worked in city govt!!!!

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
You guys are way too arrogant. I kinda like the Warrior, single pin crank sounds like traditional HD, and a pretty good running, good looking motorcycle. I like just about all makes of motorcycles, there are a few exceptions. As for riding a jap bike, there isn't another manufacturer who can match jap reliability over the long haul, HD ain't even close. The japs build some good machinery, "I think I'd clearly rather see my sister riding a jap motorcycle than blowing some nasty frenchmen, but that is just me." Not to mention the japs build the fastest production motorcycles on the planet, and some of the best handling. Take that arrogance and pull up next to any jap late model 600cc(half the displacement of the vrod) or bigger in line 4 and see just how arrogant you are after a quarter mile, and some twisty road. Not trying to start a war here, I adore my rod but there are other fine motorcycles out there too, and a lot of them do come from japan.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I think we are all partial to our v-rods, or we wouldn't have them... and deal with the stealers. I agree with you polizzio, I like all bikes because they all serve there particular niche. The warrior is a good looking bike, and if I had wanted one, I could have afforded a learner bike for the girlfriend. But, she loves the v-rod too, so I lucked out.
Greg

·
Registered
885 Posts
polizzio said:
You guys are way too arrogant. I kinda like the Warrior, single pin crank sounds like traditional HD, and a pretty good running, good looking motorcycle. I like just about all makes of motorcycles, there are a few exceptions. As for riding a jap bike, there isn't another manufacturer who can match jap reliability over the long haul, HD ain't even close. The japs build some good machinery, "I think I'd clearly rather see my sister riding a jap motorcycle than blowing some nasty frenchmen, but that is just me." Not to mention the japs build the fastest production motorcycles on the planet, and some of the best handling. Take that arrogance and pull up next to any jap late model 600cc(half the displacement of the vrod) or bigger in line 4 and see just how arrogant you are after a quarter mile, and some twisty road. Not trying to start a war here, I adore my rod but there are other fine motorcycles out there too, and a lot of them do come from japan.
Cry me a river.

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
polizzio said:
Communist.

Just kidding. We all know what them ricers will do.

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Hmmmm, the Warrior's $3,000 Stage IV Competition Kit that puts out 122ft-lbs and 104hp sounds interesting. Good thing that MO on-line didn't install *that* to level the playing field.

I love the v-rod more than any bike I've owned, but I do miss the low end torque of my modified Softail.

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Don't knock it. I would have gotten the Warrior, but I wanted a Harley instead. (Harley's version of a Warrior is the VROD.)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that most of the warriors have been parked for a while because of a major transmission recall that is not mentioned any place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I had had less money at the time of purchase, I would have probably bought a Yam Warrior. As far as resale goes, the depreciation on my V-Rod is the same as any Japanese bike.

·
4,638 Posts
polizzio said:

Warrior..... We don't need no stinking Warrior....... :bash:

P.S. for those who take offense...Please don't get your panties :eek: in a wad.......

·
Registered
769 Posts
Might be blasphemy here, but I looked long and hard at the Warrior and loved it. I had no concern either way that it was Japanese, though HD definitely has an undeniably awesome reputation (image not reliability). Anyway, turned out the V-rod depreciated faster than I had figured and now I am going to own my 02' dream-bike (being shipped from out of state). You can get a low mileage 02' with a few thousand of a Warrior, and there really is no comparison with price that close. I agree with the authors of this article, the v-rod has a much better seating position, and sound, well there is no comparison there either.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ricky G. said:

P.S. for those who take offense...Please don't get your panties :eek: in a wad.......

:stupid: :hiding:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ricky G. said:

Good on ya Ricky, next thing you know Japanese cars will be better than American too!!! :notworth:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts