Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this was a new one for me!

I was going down the road at about 55-60 and a bird crossed my path. The little guy decides to turn towards me instead of crossing me. He NAILED my front end and I felt a huge *THUMP*. I looked back and saw the poor little thing flopping around on the highway. I pulled off to the side because I wasn't sure if he had hit my tire or a fork or a fender or whatever. He did hit my tire so no damage but good lord it freaked me out!

VRSCD - 1
Bird - 0

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Well, I've come close a few times, but I have to say thatr in 30+ years of riding, I have never hit a bird! Glad things turned out OK (for you) Could've caught you in the face!!

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Well, I've come close a few times, but I have to say thatr in 30+ years of riding, I have never hit a bird! Glad things turned out OK (for you) Could've caught you in the face!!
God, if that had happened it would have been ME flopping around on the highway.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Must be something going on today... I encountered deer and had to dodge a rat running across the road on the way to work today. Work is 4mi away!

Glad to hear you're okay.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
I know what you mean. I took a crow to the head doing 45. Almost knocked me off my bike

·
Member #415
1,712 Posts
Are birds gettin' dumber? In the past year, I have missed 3 by inches on the bike, and yesterday-hit 1 with my mirror on my truck !!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Had a cat run along side the road, then turn straight in front of me. Didn't have time to do anything except run him over. Almost crashed, but was able to hang on, barely!

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
I've hit 2 birds in the last 5 or 6 years. One to the right shin, and one dead center in the chest. I was doing about 6o both times. When I took the bird in the chest, I was lucky enough to be wearing a vest.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I had a small bird fly into my spoked wheel of my old Sporty while I was doing about 15 mph...talk about "dice-o-matic"...feathers & whatever were everywhere. Yuck!

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
I caught a bird in the helmet several years back, sounded like a canon went off and saw stars for a bit.

About three weeks ago an egret didn't get up fast enough and hit the top of my Jeep windshield at about 80 mph. Looked like a down pillow exploded.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I scored me a racoon with my radiator and a sparrow or something with my helmet this year so far. Not even close to crashing, but if I hadn't had a helmet I probably would have.
Plus a deer with my car.
Hit a cat a few years ago on my Dyna. I was in a tight turn and ended up off-roading thru a ditch but no damages. Can't say the same thing about the cat.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
groovy V-Rod said:
I almost forgot, I hit a FOX last fall !!!
YES a FOX....ON MY BIKE!!!! It came up over a hill and ran right out in front of me.
Been there done that! Thankfully was on the BMW and not the V-Rod.

My fox story

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
I had one drop off a bridge as I passed under it, he just got enough control as I was letting off the gas to miss him. if I hadn't he would've got a vrod as a suppository.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I always wonder why they fly so low? All they need to do is fly a little higher and there wouldn't be any problem. Maybe they're afraid of heights. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts