Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Trike Conversion

Friend up the road has one - the Motor Trike conversion alone was ~$10K.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friend up the road has one - the Motor Trike conversion alone was ~$10K.
Not that it matters, but their websight lists the conversion @ $8,195.00 for the VROD. You might be talkin' installed. Either way, in this economy he will be lucky to get that much for it, but it only takes 1 buyer that wants it to get it sold ! Trikes sell pretty well, but the VROD trike isn't going to appeal to the "typical" trike buyer.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Not that it matters, but their websight lists the conversion @ $8,195.00 for the VROD. You might be talkin' installed. Either way, in this economy he will be lucky to get that much for it, but it only takes 1 buyer that wants it to get it sold ! Trikes sell pretty well, but the VROD trike isn't going to appeal to the "typical" trike buyer.
Yep, that was installed. He picked up the V on his trailer and took it straight to Motor Trike.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Bad Attitude is working on his right now.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
How much ????

I think that your friend is pulling you leg on how much he spent. I just triked my 03 v rod and motor trike dealer here wanted $13,000 tax included ,out the door to do everything. At $10,000 for a motor trike conversion that would be base price + texas taxes. what about paint and $1,200 for installation? I got a frankenstein trike kit installed. the base price is $6,250. + Wheels & tires+ fenders & brackets+rear pulley+Paint+installation ,EZ steer fork rake, total out the door was with taxes included $9,250. $4,000 less than the motor trike dealer here wanted. $10,000 for a new motor trike on a v rod was a great bargain IMOP, if that is what the correct and real price was. , HAD TO GO 3 WHEELS DUE TO AGE AND HEALTH PROBLEMS. anyways this is how my 03vrod trike turned out curley

Attachments

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
Looks great, Curley. I think the V-Rod makes a great platform for trikes.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I personally think the V-Rod looks great as a trike... I see you have an affection towards silver :)... I like the C6 :)... Can't tell if it's a Z or not but I sure miss my vette :)... Nice look'en trike, very clean... How does she ride?

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
my other toy

THANKS, about the corvette its an 07 C6 I bought it in Nov. 2006, Z51 performance package and Zoomer S/S exhaust, engine chromed out, won a few 1st places. might enter the v rod in some shows also. Every show I go to there are no vrods entered awards go without a winner. I love shiny things. the trike rides great 8' front rake does the job. curley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts