Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
louballs said:
nice choice, just hope you never switch bikes!
This bike is a dream come true for me, thus the reason why I'm getting it inked. Whether or not I switch bikes that fact will still hold true.

I emailed that scan to my artist to see what he says. I'm thinking it's not going to be full detail. My other idea is the outline of my Night Rod with the "VROD" logo on the inside.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
Sweet, but a sh*t load of detail. Make sure you get a VERy GOOD artist! A bring a lot of cash!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a thought, over time even if someone VERY good does all that detail work, it will bleed together somewhat.

Just would hate to see you end up with a v-rod shaped blob on your arm...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Nice, you thinking colour or black and grey?

Size will depend on how much datail you want in it.

Post pics once it is done.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shed said:
Nice, you thinking colour or black and grey?

Size will depend on how much datail you want in it.

Post pics once it is done.
The inside of the V will be Harley orange, everything else will be black/shading tricks.

I'm just waiting on my artist to email me back. I'm thinking on my left shoulder blade.

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
B.Murphy:
You are an awesome artist! I sent you a couple of emails.

Yarvis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats Nice. I was in New Orleans two weeks before the Hurricane in 2005 for the Sole purpose of getting my V-rod tattooed on my arm. New Orleans of all places, and they didn't want to do it. They said it was to complicated. even if you sell the bike and get a different one in a different color, you'll have that one forever.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
The Blue Guy said:
Just a thought, over time even if someone VERY good does all that detail work, it will bleed together somewhat.

Just would hate to see you end up with a v-rod shaped blob on your arm...
A very good artist will look at that and say "no way" and take in the fact about long term. A poor artisit will do anything for a buck.

Find a good artist that will sit down with you and refine the drawing and still get the same effect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts