Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
4,638 Posts
Yes....
Mine is called SE 16ga..... Great reception all day long .......:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Now I asked him to come over here with a Legit question because the other forum could not help!
Now Rickey G. ,
You make me look like an Idiot!:slap2: Be Nice to them till they have at Least 100 post then you can Bust their Balls!:whack:
Sorry dynadog,
do an Intro first in the new to the forum section so they don't think your a Troll or a Spammer and B Your B's!:diablo:

·
4,638 Posts
KAZ...
Never saw an Intro.... thought it was a UFO.......:cheers:

·
Registered
154 Posts
believe it or not, I would like to have a removeable solid good quality radio for trips on my rod....
Doug

·
Registered
765 Posts
Guess I won't bother reposting the "unhelpful" reply I made in that other forum ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
dynadog,

I think the problem you will have is accoustics. Without a fairing, music will nearly impossible to hear at speeds above 45mph. The way around this is with a headset inside of your helmet (I have a Goldwing with four speakers and even behind that huge fairing I only use the headset as the speakers are too difficult to hear at speed).

Several companies make headset systems and amplifiers. Autocom, Air Rider (or is it called Cycle Com?), HJC and J&M. Cost is dependent on what features you want. Intercom, CB, FRS, etc.

Good luck,
Paul in MI

·
4,638 Posts
I think WORM has the right idea..... I've talked to others and if you get the right ear buds that block out wind noise its a good deal.... Remember the V-ROD will never have the luxuries of a Gold Wing ........:2cents

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Is'nt it illeagle to have a radio in your hemet,exept to communicate with the passenger.Or is it a 2 way for communicating with other riders?

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
And the officer would know, exactly how?? Don't ask, don't tell.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I've got an autocom system with full duplex driver/passenger intercom, GPRS (FRS) bike to bike, cell phone interface and MP3 player interface. The system automatically mutes the music whenever the driver or passenger talk, the FRS has either a PPT or VOX and everything mutes when the cell phone rings. Passenger and driver can hear and talk on the cell phone or FRS.

It's a killer system that's the size of a large pack of cigarettes and sits in the HD frame bag wired to the accessory fuse with a quick disconnect. (it will work off a 9V battery too). Even without the FRS and MP3 it's a great intercom.

BTW, I used to ride a BMW and you know how we like our electronic gadgets ;)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Mjw, I have the autocom system installed on another one of my bikes, a Honda VFR, and agree it is a killer system, by far the best system around. I found it far better than than the sound / intercom system on my Ultra or any of the other after market systems that I have tried.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
hippo888 said:
dynadog,

I think the problem you will have is accoustics.
I have thought of a remote radio in the sadle bag ,so I try it with a car radio and 40 watt speakers and no dice. Bleeds out at 30mph.

I now use the Motorola phone with the FM tuner with ear plugs but it isn't loud enough at high speeds . Nice part is you can hear the phone ring .

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I bought a system off of ebay, but since I went cheap, I got whay I paid for. I might try the autocom system for long rides. Nice to be able to talk evey now and then. For music, I want to try that Sony setup that is a minidisc/fm/tv/weatherradio, that will record from any source, not just a pc.

Greg

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Mines an MP3 player with ear clip on headphones. The player holds 1500 tunes. Only problem is the volume adjustment does not bring the music up high enough, as the volume limiter works to keeps you from harming your ears. With a full helmet it works okay until you get to about 60 or so, and it is hard to hear.

Add the problems of putting the damn thing on, battery charging, and it is a total pain in the ass. Ended up giving the batteries and charger I bought to my daughter, and I am not sure where the MP3 player went.

We are planning a ski trip, and I would imagine that the MP3 player would be good for that, and not much more. Brekenridge in March, anybody gonna be there?

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
I am using the J&M system with the amplified handlebar speakers. For the radio, I wired in a walkman but I think it is time to go MP3.

I can hear it on the highway but, for me, the biggest downside is the way it looks on the bars. Kind of bulky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts