Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To help keep this area a little cleaner and information easier to find I set up an area just for kspz3 to post information and for people to ask questions about the site here.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thats Really Cool Max!I believe in the Double win Theory.Your Never a True Winner till you Help Someone Else Succeed! :thumb:

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Shawn - we need to get you out to the track..... I have another Kevin on a VRod who is going to run for the first time tomorrow...... It will be a good day.
Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
hp

last week got my 06 vrod at the dealers dyno it showed 96 hp when i asked why so low it was explained to that 110-115 claimed is at the crank and not the rear wheel is that true?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
augusto said:
last week got my 06 vrod at the dealers dyno it showed 96 hp when i asked why so low it was explained to that 110-115 claimed is at the crank and not the rear wheel is that true?
That is true but most pull 106-109 at the rear wheel on most dyno's but each dyno is different and it should only be used as a base measurement. Some pipes like the bub pipes have been known to take a few ponies out as well.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Don't forget the heat. Ocala in July is not optimal dyno weather........ Also look at your readout and make sure they ran it all the way to 9000 rpm. I've seen some dyno operators wimp out at 8000 because they are used to TC88 motors and don't trust anything above 6K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts