Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the Cooler bike? I must say. I'm torn! LOL! My son says. Easily, the Deuce! I lean towards the VROD. What say you? 2003VRSCA, 2007FXSTDI.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Apples and oranges Twin cam engines require a lot more maintenance. And suffer from crank runout that wipes out oil pumps and engine teardowns to replace the crankshaft and poorly designed stock cam chain tensioners that wear out about 30k unless upgraded. $$$

Reactions: ManicMechanic

·
-MIG
86 Posts
The V-Rod is WAY MORE COOLER... but the Deuce is WAY MORE CLASSIC... so depends on your mood right before you throw your leg over...
-MIG

·
VRSC est -03
3,096 Posts
I`ve ridden both, night and day. The V-rod behaves like 1 unit, the Deuce like 3 (front, frame and rear). But yes, i admit the Deuce is still a good looking Harley. Sweet design just like the V-rods. Thanks to Willie G.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Which is the Cooler bike? View attachment 606994
Well, this is a V-rod forum...but I suppose it depends on who you're trying to impress and what you think is cool.

If you're looking for that Portland cool where everyone does the same thing to show what an individual they are and don't mind getting lost in the crowd then the 07 seems to fit but mind what JJ said about the maintenance especially the oil pumps for that gen.

If you want the type of cool that comes from being different, standing out and riding a well made machine then the V-rod winds hands down.

If you like smiling when you twist the grip but still want a cruiser the V-rod is hard to beat.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 VRSCF
60 Posts
So, yes this is a V-Rod forum so you will get biased opinions. That said...I didn't like the look of the '02-03 OG V-Rods as much. It wasn't until later that I liked the look. So I almost prefer the Deuce in this particular scenario.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it depends on how you ride...
I've ridden a similar softail, did not like the handling but the looks are awesome.
I ride my 2002 V-Rod like a sport tourer, very happy with the performance and looks.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Everyone needs one of each - so short of that purchase yea, this is a V Rod Forum and guess which bike has a much better designed V Twin engine, almost no vibration, much better frame, brakes, water cooling that doesn't overheat in traffic, faster, much safer at speed etc. etc. etc. ? - if I have to continue there will be a continuation to try to steer you in the right direction charge, since you already know the obvious answer. If you want to be accepted because you ride the same POS other H-D traditional riders have - you know which one to buy. Best of Luck !! (y):cool: P.S. Get the V Rod ;)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The softail guys that spend their saturday hang around Harley dealer waiting to getting their oil changed while hanging around the Frapachino machine?

Reactions: streetrodracer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts