Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that my R model is pretty plain jane compared to all the beautiful bikes on here. I took my wife to the movies tonite (say Hairspray, great flick) on the bike. When we came out there was my R and under the movie marquee lights it just popped out at you and looked outstanding. I have come out of bars.....er DINERS and had a group of people looking at it. At work I come out and see it amongst all the other bikes in the motorcycle parking and it just stands out like a diamond.

I guess we get so used to seeing all the VRODs on the forum here that we sometimes forget how outstanding of a motorcycle it is. Kinda like have a smokin hot wife.....until you see the other guys, you don't appreciate what you have sometimes.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
Very true Mike!
I saw a ton of cool bikes at Sturgis, some more practical and some very unpractical/rideable, but the V still always catches my eye.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
It's lime F**kin' Green. How could it not stand out? :hidesbeh:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I rode out today by myself - contemplating as I do often, if I really 'need' the Vrod or 'need' to go fast, maybe I could be happy with a nice touring bike and go further rather than fast. Then I see two guys in front of me and I can't resist, I make my move and pass them effortlessly in 2nd gear. The one guy decides to follow me (he's on some sort of softail)..wrong thing to do..twisties coming up ahead! I shoot up the twisties, leaning (almost scraping) taking each corner going almost 40mph - I look behind me and he's dust. He tries to catch up on the straight aways...I already made my point so I slow down and when we hit a stop sign, I let him go ahead...see how nice I am? THey never smile when I do that - I seem to piss them off more than anything - being dusted by a 'girl'......really pisses guys off....ha! I like it! Then on down the road I am cruzing the coast and I notice more than one jap bike coming out of nowhere and hanging behind me...maybe they are checking it out - my pipes roaring and growling...it always seems to amaze the jap bikers how good it sounds.....even the decel popping sounds pretty bad ass.....Like this growl, and then bang!....I for some reason seem to enjoy swiftly loosing them behind me as I effortlessly and strategically haul ass down the boulevard making it very hard for them to get that good look. Later, on my way home from the coast - again, more twisties, no one behind me, just miles of left, right, left, right...the bike is feeling so insync the breeze feels so good. I've got the lean angle for each turn, I know this road and I can do this pretty quickly. What fun! I stop at the starbucks at the bottom of the mountain and come back out to sit outside and sip my frappachino - the guy two tables over says "wow"!! NiCE BIKE! I'm like " hey thanks! its alot of fun too!" It never fails - by the end of the ride, there is no way I can ever consider trading this bike in! I've had a blast, and everyone that has seen the bike is taking a second look...........!Rolling into my fav biker bar at the end of the ride.....I'm 'Vrod Val" as everyone knows me...how can I be Vrod Val if I am on a Road King? Guess its just not going to happen! All I really need is a better seat - forget the bags and weight of the touring bike....I can keep riding this one forever (with the right seat! by now, my butt is killing me!)

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pegdragger said:
It's lime F**kin' Green. How could it not stand out? :hidesbeh:
Shiny too!!! And it's not ****in Green, it's Kawasaki Green.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I still get that feeling with my old Bonnie... but the D, especially now that I've begun Modding the Beast, is something else. One's a pure classic, the other is just a work of art with a nasty edge. Both elicit compliments - the 'D' gets awe and respect, too. And you're right - much like stepping into a room with a gorgeous date, I appreciate the stares and reflected attention.

It's why I really can't relate to people selling or trading in their rides - I can understand why THEY may do it, but can't relate to it. I've connected with these bikes. They've got heart and soul and they are keepers. Much like the Bonnie, I hope to watch the D grow old gracefully.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Was out on Saturday and at a light had a guy ask if he could stay pace with me in the next lane so he could hear the exhaust at speed. At the next light he yelled at me that it sounded bad-assed unique. Harley sounding but with a mad dose of performance engine. Gave me a huge thumbs-up and was kind of cool.

I've seen many a driver turn down the sound system and roll the windows down at lights before just to listen to the bike at idle. Usually not much in communication is exchanged but at a following light I've seen the windows go down again more then once.

·
Steve
1,402 Posts
Went out for a ride yesterday and took along a lady friend. We had 3 people roll their windows down to say nice bike. I think the 2 guys were just looking for a reason to talk to my friend, but one was a lady that said nice bike, then I heard her say to my friend, "there is a big spider under your leg". We were on a 6 lane highway and stopped at the light in front at the intersection. Two seconds after the words left her lips, my friend is off the bike. The light turns green, I dont go, the lady sits stopped in her car and I look down and this Freakin spider about 3 inches in diameter crawls up on the seat. Ok I hate spiders too, but this is a new friend so I act TOUGH and swat it onto the ground and stomp it. She gets back on and we cruise. If that sumbitch had crawled on me when we were cruising, I might have wet my pants, but kept my composure. Then thought of an excse for wet pants! But point being, my friend has been riding bikes for years and couldnt believe how nice it rode. She said it was the best riding ever. I said welcome to the new improved Harley Davidson.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Gazoo said:
I guess we get so used to seeing all the VRODs on the forum here that we sometimes forget how outstanding of a motorcycle it is.
I know what you mean, that's why I try to stay out of Frank's and Lonnie's galleries.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Nothing better than coming out of a bar, movie etc etc and seeing the V-rod sitting there. These bikes are amazing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts