Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Looking for a recommendation for a place that works on vrods, in the Milwaukee, WI area. I know dealers will service them, but I am looking for a place that really knows vrods, as we know they are not typical Harleys
My 2006 vrscd need some maintenance, and a new clutch.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
201 Posts
What kind of maintenance are you looking for? Fluid changes, plugs, etc. are relatively easy, the clutch isn’t bad either. A service manual is your friend, and if you’re inclined, all things you can do yourself. I’m about 20 min. West of you- give me a shout and I can walk you through it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In addition to clutch. Looking to flush the coolant. Not sure what the schedule is to check/change the drive belt. Plugs, yes.
I don’t think anything is critical right now. The bike runs perfect. I am the second owner and don’t have records of what the original owner did, or did not do for scheduled maintenance. the bike has 19,900 miles on it, so I figure its time to start getting ahead on some of this stuff.
I have the service manual, but i am not really equipped to do most of this work in my garage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Due for valve adjustment.
Hi, Looking for a recommendation for a place that works on vrods, in the Milwaukee, WI area. I know dealers will service them, but I am looking for a place that really knows vrods, as we know they are not typical Harleys

Thanks in advance
Gerencer motorsports in elkhart IN. not too far away. V-rod expert.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thanks in advance
Since Chopper Steve and V-Mod closed up shop I haven't found any "experts" in the area. However, if you don't mind going the dealer route, West Bend Harley has taken care of all my v-rods for several years now and done great work. The service writer Jeff is outstanding to work with and all of the work has been top notch. There has been no attitude about working on a v-rod which is more than I can say about other dealers in the area.

FWIW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dnight. i live pretty close to WB HD. i don’t have an issue using dealerships, the place i bought the bike from did not care to work on it. i will give these guys a call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts