Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! J have been reading on forums that the vrod likes to be ridden at 4000-5000 rpm , j have just bought a 2002 vrod with low miles 5000, and its lugging when im driving 4000 rpm any one who can help? Greetings Christian-Norway

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
youll hear all sorts of advice on that one.it depends on how good a tune the bike has.i can ride anywhere from 2.5 g up with no stutter with a linear torque pull all the way to peak.lots of bikes stutter till 3.5/4g and flat spot around 4.5 g due to poor tunes and set ups.

·
Registered
655 Posts
^^^Didnt know this and was wondering what people were talking about mine is also good from 2500 up.What mods does the OP have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mod

It was drilled 8 holes in each baffle without tuning! Maybe thats the case?

·
Mongo
177 Posts
Lugging?

At 80km/h my bike turns 3000rpm in 5th. It accelerates well from 3000rpm but really lights up over 4000rpm. Below 3000 kinda sucks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I had the v mod and went back to the 8 hole mod and never had an issue from 2500rpm and up,of course im easy on the throttle below 3500rpm.I dont doubt that some have issues in the lower rpm but as far as my tune goes the bike base lined at 98hp with the v mod pipes when i first got it and still think I has the stock tune.
If I were the OP I would be looking elsewhere for issues as well as the tune.Maybe the plugs,vacuum,leak stored codes and do a forum search for lugging.
My bike also breaks the 240 loose any time Im in a lean and give it more than 1/2 throttle with the dunlop in 1st from 20mph.None of the other bikes I test rode did that so maybe Harley did tune the ECM if thats possible but it sure seems stock other than that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the response! :)j will come back to this if j find out the issues!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts