Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever had the problem when the a keysaver that self destructed itself. I was driving down a local road and then from behind I heard a metallic sound bouncing on the road. I thought maybe something in the road like a license plate was hit by me or the truck behind me.

So I wasn't far from home at this point, I parked it and looked around the bike only to find out the "vrod" keysaver top plate was missing and only the bracket was still there.

Is this a freak occurrence?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
What is a "keysaver"?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I can understand why it broke by looking at mine.I don't want to get involved in bad mouthing a product so that's all I have to say bout that.Contact the seller,I'd almost bet he'll make good on it.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is kinda the problem, It has been a good while since purchasing this part, that I would hold anyone to owning up on a possble freak flaw.

This posting was just a curiosty to see if anyone else has had this happen.

I am a very proud vrod owner, I couldn't belive that something would just rattle off and break in a period of a year or so!

Atleast my bike doesn't leak fuilds like some "other" bikes!!!

A close friend of mine traded up his 04' vrod and bought a 07' dyna.

Second ride we went on and all ready a leak form the front of bike case.....!!! HAHAHA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts