Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
That ride is beautiful, and an inspiration...
I've started gathering tins, to chrome out, and this is wonderful to see...
The road will be slow for me, a piece at a time, I'm more the "joggin' TIMEX" but this gives me hope there's light at the end of the tunnel...

·
Wind Up Merchant
425 Posts
so at least we know who to target for V-Rod clothing - Donna Parker at MOCO, MotoClothes Manager !!!!

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
I saw that bike when I stopped by Eagle HD back in late june. I cannot even imagine how much money is in it.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
That guy's a trip. Can't ride worth a damn, but lookin really good doin it.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Daniii said:
That guy's a trip. Can't ride worth a damn, but lookin really good doin it.

:stupid:

He almost lost it at the track when the front end came up hard off the line. When it came back down he left a trail of parts going down the track. I think he blew the motor also. If I remember correctly his name was Dennis.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I think that is the same bike they showed on NHRA today, Had a showing of the bud bike doing a burnout and Brandon Bernstien and Dale Jr. Then it showed the chrome bike with gold accents and a turbo.

·
Frank
4,319 Posts
At the rally last year he fisrt drove up on a Honda Rune all chrome and gold plated with NOS, asking if this was the Honda club meeting. A few minutes later he rolls up with an incredible Suziki Huyabusa that is all tricked out (and a turbo??) finished to match the others, asking if this was the Busa Meeting. Finally, he ride up with the chrome and gold, turbo V-Rod! Yes, it was a lot of show, but at least someone is worse off than me!

At the drag strip he did attempt to run several times and had a bit of problems staging, but at least he did try. After the last run it was smoking a lot and we reccomended that he stop riding it anymore. Then came out the Busa! He asked me if I would make a pass with it, but I declined.... I could just see myself looping that bike right off the line! From what I remember, he did make a 10.XXX pass with the Busa.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
not feeling it personally....actually i threw up in my mouth

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
not feeling it personally....actually i threw up in my mouth

Not my style, but to see it in person you can appreciate the amount of time it took to accomplish it. It must have taken months to do the plating he had on that bike.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I saw that bike while watching the drag races last night and WOW! I see now why you all call it a Rolex. Bad motorscooter if you ask me.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Not my style, but to see it in person you can appreciate the amount of time it took to accomplish it. It must have taken months to do the plating he had on that bike.
this is what i used to say to the local boys that put alot of effort into making their cars look ugly...

"I salute their efforts, but their execution was a little off"

I personally think the gold is a little gauldy, I do however understand the time and money it took to take that bike apart, have it all plated, and put it back together. I dont think I would go that far with my bike, even with a different color scheme.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
this is what i used to say to the local boys that put alot of effort into making their cars look ugly...

"I salute their efforts, but their execution was a little off"

I personally think the gold is a little gauldy, I do however understand the time and money it took to take that bike apart, have it all plated, and put it back together. I dont think I would go that far with my bike, even with a different color scheme.
Trust me when I say that you could tell him that to his face and he would laugh and tell you he didn't make it for you. He is really one of the nicest guys I had met and was willing to let anyone ride anything he had. He was begging people to ride his busa at the track and couldn't find a taker. I don't know the name of his company but do remember he makes hair care products and from what all I saw he makes them very well. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts