Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a truck. Wondering what Trucks can carry a Vrod in the bed successfully.

Can you use something like a Honda Ridgeline with the tailgate extended?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
I use my F-150 Supercrew with the 5.5' bed and the tailgate down and have never had a problem. As long as with the tailgate down you have close to 7.5' then you should be fine. In my old long bed (8') F-150 I was able to close the tailgate with the bike in it.

·
SHINY SIDE UP!!!
30 Posts
93' dodge ext. cab dakota

I use my sisters truck with the tailgate down, it worked fine.

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
Just drive around town and watch for harley D guys with their HD's in the truck and look to see what kind of truck it is.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You don't need a truck when you can rent a U-haul motorcycle trailer for $16 a day. Just get something that you can put a tow hitch on.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My F-150 Supercrew has a 5.5 ft bed.Vrod in tailgate down,no problem.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
I tried to post a pic of my DRS in my truck but couldn't . PM me I can send it.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Nissan Titan LongBed !!!

I personally would never put any large weight on the tailgate for traveling. Yes I have done it , But your trusting that your straps dont fail or the hinges holding the tailgate dont fail .

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
:2cents:
I see a bowed tailgate! :2cents:
Not on that truck you don't. We traveled 1450 miles like that without a problem. Think about this, two 250# guys can set on the tailgate and it doesn't bend. There is not 1/2 of the bike weight on that tailgate. And the straps (cable) are probably strong enough to lift the truck. Nowhere in the owners manual were there any comments on NOT using the tailgate as I did. I just can't imagine bending one. my :2cents:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts