Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm brand new to owning a VROD. Mine's an 03 VRSCA and I just got it yesterday. I want to upgrade the headlight and I was wondering will any 5.75" head lamp fit it? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put LED bulbs in the factory headlight of my 2003 and it made a world of difference, and only cost about 40 bucks. If you're only after brighter/whiter light that may be a consideration.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put LED bulbs in the factory headlight of my 2003 and it made a world of difference, and only cost about 40 bucks. If you're only after brighter/whiter light that may be a consideration.
That is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Do you have a link to the one that you purchased? I don't have enough posts yet to link the ones that I was looking at.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The brand I used was Auxbeam, I had just searched Amazon for some with decent reviews and gave them a shot, had them a couple months now and like them a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I put a 7" carbon fiber look EMGO metal shell and a top dog LED 7" lamp on my R Model - I like the large headlight look & it works great, you just have to very carefully spread the OEM bracket that holds the original headlight, and shim with longer mount bolts to allow the headlight shell to pivot without contact with the bracket. Totally changes the look of the bike, and along with my LED driving lights and LED turn signals if anyone says they didn't see me they are clearly totally blind. Of all the mods I've ever done to my street bikes top dog LED lighting all the way around has to be the best safety improvement -EVER.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took a Chance on an eBay Halo style projector lamp. I talked the guy from $40 to $25 free shipping. If it doesn't work for the VROD, I'll be able to use it for the Yamaha Chopper I'm gonna start at the beginning of 2020.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the new headlight in today. Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to install it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The price range on ebay is from $75 to $250...
I was planning on upgrading my stock headlight, but not really sure what to do. Is this really the same thing (i.e. made in china), or is it a case of "you get what you pay"?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been enjoying the HogWorkz headlight... plugged right in and works very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been enjoying the HogWorkz headlight... plugged right in and works very well.
Great, and happy that it works for you, but HogWorkz is one of those that's $220, and not sure if it works 3x better than the $75 version. Is it really worth that much vs cheaper versions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is it really worth that much vs cheaper versions.
Well, that is a tough one, as I haven't tried another option. I was very impressed with how substantial this thing felt as i pulled it from the box, how plug and play it was, and I love the look of the black face plate. I selected this one, as it is the only sub $400 option that a major motorcycle company like Revzilla offers... and having electronics burn out on me on a bike doesn't sound amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I ended up buying, and then returning the ATOPLITE headlight on Amazon ($90). There is nothing really wrong with it, but it does have different dimensions from the original, in the sense that the depth is probably half of it (i.e. when you look at it from the side). I didn't get a chance to test the light itself outside.

Eventually, I purchased BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit on Amazon. They are a VERY snug fit, but once installed, they are very bright, and cost less than half of the headlight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts