Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Headlamp on my my 04 is messed up looking for help to fix it.

the INNER reflector where the Low beam bulb sits Fell out today on the way home from work everything works fine just the piece that sits over the lowbeam bulb is sitting on the bottom of the lens, and is now bouncing aound in there how do i spilt the case and the clear lens so i can get it out or fix IT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i Still would like to seperate the two halfs has anybody done that as of yet. i havce done it on my Truck setting it in the oven but not sure. how the glue is on these two halfs.

·
Dean
775 Posts
Twice...

my Headlamp on my my 04 is messed up looking for help to fix it.

the INNER reflector where the Low beam bulb sits Fell out today on the way home from work everything works fine just the piece that sits over the lowbeam bulb is sitting on the bottom of the lens, and is now bouncing aound in there how do i spilt the case and the clear lens so i can get it out or fix IT.
This has happened to me twice within the last month. Both times I was able to stick my fingers in the housing and get the reflector back into the slot....without using any epoxy/glue.

The next time it happens, I will try the glue route.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
i Still would like to seperate the two halfs has anybody done that as of yet. i havce done it on my Truck setting it in the oven but not sure. how the glue is on these two halfs.
Member Louballs had attempted the oven thing while doing an LED mod to his headlight and said he could not get the two halfs apart. They prolly used a stronger adhesive since it has a very thick glass lens and used in a higher vibration application; motorcycle vs. auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts