Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if any member has install this VROD CHROME REAR SHOCK LOWERING KIT 1" Inch on their bike?

Kit will lower your V-Rod 1” in the rear while using your stock shocks. 1” will make a big difference and will give you a more comfortable stance. Each part is individually C.N.C. machined from billet t6061 aluminum to exact tolerance, then polished and Triple Chrome Plated. No expense shared. This is the highest quality lowering kit you can get. Kit comes with step by step, easy to follow instructions and complete hardware. Install can be completed in a matter of minutes.
it's in the ebay for $33.95

any pictures after it installed?
any feed back?

thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I too am interested in this option rather than a new set of shocks. Just wondering what it look like also.

I am interested in doing this to a muscle as well as my 03 vrod. Anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
165 Posts
i have them on my 03 a and slid forks 1 inch i am 195 and gf is 110 saddle bagge brackets bottum out on belt gard on hard bumps i have quick detach bags. With the 200mm rear tire i rubbed the inner bag brackets had to grind brackets down was rubbing thats solo or 2 up. After a all day 2up ride i notaced tire marks on the inner fender from tire hidding it. I dont think they changed the ride much eather way 2up or solo shocks are set on 5 will post some pics up tommorow . everything stated besides bottoming out have been easy fixes if you have any more ? u can ask me im not an expert so might not have the answere but can give you my thoughts and review

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The one thing to realize is that these do not decrease your travel at all, but does decrease your clearance. You can send out your shocks to get them cut which will make the bike sit lower but not bottom out. I think they it is about the same price as well.

-Keith

·
Registered
161 Posts
Killer, do you know of any places that we could send the shocks out to to be cut? I am looking and dropping an inch on both my 03 anniversary model and my 09 muscle.

I found a powder coated set of the slam kit on ebay for 40 bucks also, and the chrome slam kit is 32 bucks, both with free shipping.

I plan to do very few 2up riding, however, still want the option without causeing damage to the bike and bottoming out all the time.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
A few of the ol timers when v-rods first came out used this for having their factory shocks shortened.

http://www.skullmanonline.com/shocks.html
Wow I a guess I am an old timer! Haha!

One thing to really think about is that a good set of shocks is worth saving for. I wish I saved and got Arnotts instead of smoothride just for the adjustability. I never rode 2 up when I got the smoothrides but now my girl would probably be much more psyched if I had got the Arnotts!

-Keith

·
260'D
436 Posts
search ness slam kit and you'll find a lot of reading on here about them. most people (like myself) took them off after a short while. i just took my shocks apart and cut 1.5" outta the spring.

·
Registered
234 Posts
search ness slam kit and you'll find a lot of reading on here about them. most people (like myself) took them off after a short while. i just took my shocks apart and cut 1.5" outta the spring.
The only thing I'd caution about doing this is that you're limiting your spring travel by cutting the spring down, but without shortening the rod on the shocks, you're running shock piston in a position the shock was not made for (although I doubt it's way outside its optimal range) and you do run a greater risk of bottoming out the shock.

It's definitely not extremely unsafe, but just a tiny snippet to be aware of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts