Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my Honda, so I could get a vrod. I'm just trying to get a feel for the market on the 04 A model. I'm out in the Phoenix area if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Depending on the options, high 15's to over 21 for a factory numbered black with flames.

HoldHard

·
Registered
974 Posts
Internet my friend.
Start searching around.
Even if it is only in a 200 mile radius of your home.
Don't be afraid to e-mail and ask questions.
You are in the drivers seat.
Enjoy- but do not rush !
BobT

·
Registered
258 Posts
I too am in the PHX area and have been doing a lot of looking. The dealers I have called have all been in the 17,500 to 17,700 MSRP. I have not seen much in the way of used 04's for sale and even then everyone wants to recover the 1000's of dollars of mods they have put on. You may have a slight chance of finding a good deal on a used one but I have given up. I'm just going to wait on my new one to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you want an 04 B New: low $15K's + $250 setup + tax, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I'm really looking for is the Vrod A in Impact Blue, but the best I've got is 20600 OTD. I still have a call into Kingman Harley so we'll see if they can hook me up, my buddy knows the owner

·
Registered
258 Posts
Darkday,

did you have any better luck finding a deal?

I've been checking around and pretty much had the same luck as you. I was supposed to be "hooked up" as well through Porsche but I can't seem to get a strait answer on the out the door price with the supposed "hook up". Plus I'm having a hard time finding anything but B's and two tone A's. I think I'm going to bite the bullet on a black one I found but it isn't going to be cheap. At this point I don't care. Been waiting long enough.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The best I found so far was Chosa Hd $20761 OTD, but they aren't going to be able to get me a blue one, they can get me red, but I'm not a big fan of that color. I might have to wait and see what harley has in store for 05

·
Registered
503 Posts
guys... for heaven sake.. don't rush this purchase.... grab a used one somone put 2500 miles on and 2000 dollars worth of stuff... a new one is only new for 2 seconds anyway and you have to pay full sales tax and the rest of that crap.....the 28 tooth sprocket is the only meaningful difference

good luck

·
'02 Anodized Club
970 Posts
Used is fine

Absolutely agree. '02 with 1k miles between $14 and 15K. Rich folks who moved on to their next toy have them to sell. E-bay is fine if you use appropriate cautions (you *must* go look at it before you buy).

No difference from '04 except 28T sprocket, which can be put in in two hours. Buying a new one is IMHO not worth the extra money unless you "have to have a new one".

Also, if you're a decent tech, most warranties are more $$ than you recover (unless you ride the h*** out of it) from their use.

And there is almost no money paid for mods -- maybe some to make the seller happy they got a few bucks back on them.

Good luck.

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
Darkday said:
What I'm really looking for is the Vrod A in Impact Blue, but the best I've got is 20600 OTD. I still have a call into Kingman Harley so we'll see if they can hook me up, my buddy knows the owner
I CAN GET YOU AN IMPACT BLUE IN JUNE FOR $18,444.73 OUT THE DOOR.
800-666-4644 ASK FOR LOU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts