Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone has put a 280 kit on the rear of an 04 VROD. I've been looking at Rick's Wheels, Eurocomponents, and Performance Machine (not available yet). All are very expensive. Does anyone have an alternative to these companies or does anyone have any negative feedback on an already completed conversion.
Thanks in Advance for listening.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
baleens said:
Hi all,
I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone has put a 280 kit on the rear of an 04 VROD. I've been looking at Rick's Wheels, Eurocomponents, and Performance Machine (not available yet). All are very expensive. Does anyone have an alternative to these companies or does anyone have any negative feedback on an already completed conversion.
Thanks in Advance for listening.
:vrodforu:
You My friend have Very Expensive taste! :slap: A 280 is BIG MONEY No madder who's you use.I have only seen the Ricks in Person and I wish it was available when I first did my Bike.I would have done the 280 in a Heart Beat.My Buddy is doing on on His new V-rod as we speak ,but he's still planning and Ordering at this moment also.I think he's going Rick's,because the Euro Components/PM Phat Rods won't be out for at least 6 more months! :kaz:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
Eurocomponents tells me their setup is available now.
Also, I located a company in New Jersey that is working on their own 280 conversion by widening the existing swingarm and also lenthening same. They should have the same available with the next couple of weeks. If you have any interest please let me know and I can give you a contact.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
baleens said:
Thanks for the reply.
Eurocomponents tells me their setup is available now.
Also, I located a company in New Jersey that is working on their own 280 conversion by widening the existing swingarm and also lenthening same. They should have the same available with the next couple of weeks. If you have any interest please let me know and I can give you a contact.
If you would thats Great!We need a Members to check out all options and to be able to give ACCURATE Feed Back!I'm Leery about cutting Factory Swing Arms and widening Factory Wheels!I go way to Fast to experiment! :eek: Please let us know! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
VRod wheels

Rick's wheels are too expensive and I have e-mailed PM and they do have 5 style's of wheels with or without hubs for OEM rotors and pulley. About $800/ea. Their's are the only forged wheels I have found so far, I don't know if I'd spend the cash for cast or billet. The main reason to get rid or stock is for the weight and the solid air catcher.
Lemme know what you find and if you know anybody besides the aftermarket companies that have some on their rides.
VRod4u2nv

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
welcome to the forum.
Greg

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am also new to ther v-rod world and have expensive taste as well. I would love to know more about the 280 conversions.

Any help, direction, advice, research or recommendation would be greatly appreciated. . .

--Francis

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Superkaz, What Have U Heard About The Turning Caracteristics Of The 280. How Do They Feel In The Turns At Speed?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
1BADV said:
Hi Superkaz, What Have U Heard About The Turning Caracteristics Of The 280. How Do They Feel In The Turns At Speed?
a Good Friend of mine has a 280 and he said he Liked his 240 better handling wise.I on the other hand am Dying to make 300 Big Wheel Drag Bike! :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts