Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
rodman said:
Hi Everybody,

Just spoke to a friend who works at at Warr's HD in London. ...." Yep, the Vrod saved us last year"
I stopped by Warrs when I was in London over the holidays - (they have a dealership a little south of Earls Court) - the one V-Rod they had on the floor had a list price of 14,000 British Pounds. To put that in perspective, at todays exchange rate that is more than $27,000. Of course, a cotton T-shirt at their "boutique" clothing store in the Kings Road cost more than $45 (I passed...)

· Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
sfarson said:
Last issue of Bike had an long-term update article on the V-Rod and a highlight for the author was parking the bike at Blackpool?
Yeah - and if your read a little further you discover he managed to dump it braking on a wet road.... :hmm:

One thing I thought was interesting about the article in Bike was how much time he felt was necessary to keep the V-Rod clean (several hours a week if you go by his schedule..)

Myself, and most of the other US V-Rod owners I've talked to, don't find the bike particularly hard to keep looking good. Maybe an hour or so for its weekly bath (and wheel scrub) seems plenty. But of course us U.S. riders don't (generally speaking) ride that much in the rain - and British roads seemed VERY muddy compared to most highways here.

I did pass along the comments of some British riders about how hard it is to keep their bikes clean to the appropriate people at Harley. But short of putting bigger fenders on them - there's not much you can do about it. Although I would have thought that the anodized finish of the original VRSCA was a lot easier to keep looking shiny than glossy paint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.