Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing The Daytona Twin Tec VRFI for my 2004 stock internal motor V Rod, only Mod is a Healtech Quickshifter, shift light and the stage two holes drilled in the airbox along with SE Mufflers The last run I made was in November right before our track shut down for winter and ran 8 constant runs with the best time 11:36 @ 117.85 60 foot @ 1.665, 330 4.812, 1/8 @ 7.289 not bad for a 590 pound bike and 184 pounds for myself. The last five years have been running my KWS Tuned Gsxr 750 strapped and lowered with a brock exhaust it will run high 9s all night long. But something has me wanting to go fast on this V Rod this bike is pretty cool. So my question is going to run a dry shot maybe a 30, And not having much experience with the VRFI but can you duel map it? also, they offer a matching set of Injectors 5.4GMs there a little bigger than stock but can grow into them with future mods along with letting the autotune handle the low-speed tuning anyone ever uses there Injectors?

·
Back in Black
2,571 Posts
not sure on gen 4 but others you could not dual map. mine does have a nitrous output. you can set certain conditions (tps, rpm, vss) to make it come on. Do not get me wrong the twin tec is awesome I have one and luv it, but if you just doing a small dry shot it may not be worth all the $. Now if you do other upgrades it will be well worth the $
Hope this helps some

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks your Information was a great help. I looked on their site for information pertaining to dual mapping or a Nitrous window and could find nothing. Based on what you told me it is worth the investment especially since I want to mod further

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what part of sc you in? Can't remember the guys name but the guy that owns twin tec is real nice and will answer any questions you have. Or if i know i'll be glad to help.
Live in Lexington

I found a Setup Manual going through it and found the window switch you referred to NOS window that can retard Ignition timing up to 10 deg while spraying. Ignition Kill (shifter) Stage RPM Limit (clutch microswitch) It's all on page 31 along with a few others.

You are in Greenville so next time i head towards the Tail we should hook up

Really appreciate your helping out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The PC V has the option for dual maps. You can even run it to a toggle on the handle bar if you wanted. I think this is the video that touches on this specific topic:

·
'04 1300
3,059 Posts
The VRFI doesn't support dual map. The NOS trigger (and timing retard option) work VERY well to trigger nitrous in a fixed RPM/TPS/speed window, but you either need a wet nitrous system, or a piggyback fueler (like the old Boss Noss try systems have) to get the extra fuel in.

I'm running a 50 shot with the Boss fueler (which is just a relabeled Dobek box). It's a bit tricky to tune, as the auto-tuning in the VRFI is still trying to hit your target AFR, even as the piggyback is widening the injector pulse width, but it's doable. I'm starting to get mine dialed, but started with some wide AFR swings. If you end up going that route, shoot me a PM as It'd be great to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys, Thanks for the Responses the Video refreshed my memory of the Power Commander's ability for Dual mapping. Spending the last five years playing with Suzukis we learned to use one of the three factory traction Modes, example Rain, City, Power, and remap one of those for Nitrous so I'm trying not to piggyback a controller and still have to purchase other electronics and find a place to mount. So still leaning towards the Dayton Twin Tec has me thinking besides the nitrous window it has a launch control that I can set up on a micro switch in the clutch lever. Being that I plan on a 20 or 30 shot I guess I will find out if the Air temp switch in the airbox once the system is fogged and the temps drop it should turn the fuel mix richer. If not well we will have the Info as not what did not work!

·
'04 1300
3,059 Posts
I do cheat mine a bit by dropping the target AFR 500-1000 RPM ahead of the start of the nitrous window. This seems to help the actual AFR not go too lean at the start of the window, at the expense of being a bit too rich in the same range if you're not using the nitrous. I really wish DTT supported a dual map option, as it'd be about the perfect dry setup if it did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts