Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NoRelationToBocephus
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a voltage regulator HOW TO laying around they forgot to post ? PAUL V sending me a replacement, now I just need to install it w/o screwing up EVERYTHING ELSE !! I have a SM for 03, but its pretty technical, with the VR sitting in the front like it does you would think it would be a quick change... little help, you V-ROD addicts !?:stilpoke:

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
no prob

Hey Its Me I Have The Instructions From The Chrome One I Installed I Will Send Them And New Zip Ties To Keep The Cables In Place. OH AND I AM NOT A MECHANIC AND IT TOOK ME ABOUT 40 MINUTES TO INSTALL BECAUSE I WAS BEING REALLY CAREFUL See Ya

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
I had to replace mine last fall. I don't even recall having instructions with it.

I was lucky that the electrical lines were long enough that I just took the two bolts out of the front, pulled the plugs from the old one, plugged them into the new one, replaced the two bolts to secure it back onto the front of radiator shroud.

It is really simple

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Cool I just started the bike and checked the battery and it dropped down to 1030 then the battery light came on do you know how much they cost

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Cool I just started the bike and checked the battery and it dropped down to 1030 then the battery light came on do you know how much they cost
I cannot recall exact price, I want to say between $150.00 and $200.00 max.

Also use dielectric grease on the connectors is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Clean all the connections first before replacing the regulator. The regulator is pretty dependable, all except the connections. They get crudded up especially the ground wire (Connects to the front jug top side.)
Last time I checked they were $150

1 - 8 of 8 Posts