Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2005 vrod, brake light has stopped working tail light good, have checked brake light with jumper from a battery is good, disconnected the brake light wire from lamp and checked voltage at the brake harness, 12 volts when brake is activated, when connected to led lamp voltage drops to 4.7 volts and not enought to drive leds. Is there anything in brake wiring circuit that could be causing this. I ran a fresh wire from light to ground also no difference.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Have 2005 vrod, brake light has stopped working tail light good, have checked brake light with jumper from a battery is good, disconnected the brake light wire from lamp and checked voltage at the brake harness, 12 volts when brake is activated, when connected to led lamp voltage drops to 4.7 volts and not enought to drive leds. Is there anything in brake wiring circuit that could be causing this. I ran a fresh wire from light to ground also no difference.
Possibly brake light switch faulty. Check all the connections are clean and dry in the connector plugs also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly brake light switch faulty. Check all the connections are clean and dry in the connector plugs also.
Thanks for that, i removed the switched wired plug from brake light switch and ran a temporary wire from the switch terminal to the led light and brake light works perfect no voltage drop. So the problem is either the plug or the wiring to the light. I will get a new waterproof plug tomorow and start from there. Cheers colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts