Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got in from installing my v-mod pipes. Steve and his crew did a good job with the pipes. They have a nice sound too. A muffled sound still yet but a very nice throaty and rumbling sound. I like it opposed to the "clapping" sound you get from a normal harley. Im satisfied with them. You can tell its not tuned right, it starts to miss around 5k. Taking it to the shop as soon as the weather clears for the HD Race Tuner. Also thinking about having a big bore kit installed sometime soon also. Any of you guys had the motor out and punched out??

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had my installed about 9 months ago and love them. They will get louder and deeper as time goes by. I had a similar problem around 5K rpm so I purchased the Power Commander and the Screaming Eagle air filter. I downloaded the "map" for this configuration, went "topless" and "BOOM"! Hold on to your handle bar grips just like you did as a child on a monkey bar.

Best regards,

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey Al,

Was your bike at Fort Laud Harley for service this week? They had one with VModswhich had most mechanics perplexed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
No, it was not mine. So far, I have had a good experience with Ft. Lauderdale HD service. What about yourself?
:cool:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
ErVikingo most shop have not seen or heard of them. When they rolled my into dyno they where laughing when they finish all they had where???? Then I started LAUGHING when they said that they have never seen a set of gutted HD mufflers make HP. LIVE AND LEARN.

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
Just a quick question... are v-modded stock pipes louder than SE Slip-ons? If so about how much ( a little or significant)?

Also... from what I can gather it is best to dyno and buy the race tuner to get the most ... However can't HD tune it for you so that it is close? at least not to lean or rich?

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
YES...the stock pipe V-Mods are quite a bit louder than the SE stock pipes. Also the V-Mod'ed SE's are alittle quieter than the stock V-Mods.

Yes there is a flash for the 28t and topless which would be 'good' for that application.

THere are others that will tell you exactly what they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts