Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE HEARD VMOD EXHAUST , JUST WANT A DIFFERENT TONE FROM BIKE A LITTLE MORE HARLEY LIKE, IF I GO THIS ROUTE WILL I HAVE TO REMAP ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
They sound great. Totally original and have a certain way of winning over the most "anti- vrod", crowd. I suggest getting the screaming eagle air filter and a remap or pc3 or se race tuner.Also run topless, (with the air cover removed).
Derek

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I personally would go with the Supertrapp v-5,or the Turbo Tec's.You'll lose over 20lbs on the right side.Which will make it feel like the bike isn't gonna fall over when you turn right.
Also the ST's and the TT's give the most power.:diablo:
Get the k&n filter,topless(removing the air cover lid with the snorkel)HD race tuner or Power Commander pcIIIr.:fahr38
Get the 28t pulley for more lowend grunt.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
The V-Mods are fantastic sounding and they add good power (properly tuned). You will retain the stock appearance, lose about 10 lbs and still be able to turn right which is something you won't be able to do with the pipes mentioned above.

John

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
What John said plus its the least expensive way to get all that.

Stock V-Mods sounds great, they definitely win over anti-Vrod Harley people! Very throaty Harley like sound, a bonus that you do not get if you go with SE Slip-ons is a widening of the torque curve, opening up usable low end (below 3000 rpm) torque.

ChopperSteve turns them around very quickly, so your down-time is minimized. Three basic ways to get it done:

1) V-mods $150 + shipping both ways ~$20 + dealer flash $150 + some dealers charge you for labor ~$40 (question your dealer about the pricing and availability of the 28T sprocket flash) = ~$360

2) V-mods $150 + shipping both ways ~$20 + PCIIIr $260 + download many free maps = $430

3) V-mods $150 + shipping both ways ~$20 + HD Race Tuner $365 + OK map included, download free maps on this forum + cleanest way to get the 28T sprocket flash = $535

The last two approaches allow you the freedom to dyno tune your V-Rod as much as you may want in the future. Also, consider the 28 Tooth rear sprocket, because most of us recommend it as an early mod. Many dealers will rip you another $150 for flashing that at a later time (be careful). Only the Race Tuner provides the versatility to switch between the two sprockets.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Super trapp=Ebay $350
PcIIIr=Ebay $190
k&n filter=V-mod $52
Total=$592

Via Vrsca> where can you get a race tuner for $365?
Where are these free maps,on this site?

John did you even read what I wrote?!I said it won't feel like it's gonna fall over when you turn tight.20+lb diff.
Have you ran the ST's or the TT's?How do you know that you can't turn right?I have not had ANY probs.Nor have I read any complaints from ST or TT owners.Just because you don't like the sound of the ST's(to trappy for you).You are used to hearing them with the caps on.my V-5 doesn't sound nothing like the supertrapps I had on my '64 elcamino.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:stupid: :diablo: ;)

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
How do I know? Are you kidding?!? The lean angle is severely affected. Just look how low the thing is, especially the ST. Have you read the threads on Yahoo and on VTF about scraping? I would guess you haven't. I used to race super bikes, and yes the V-Rod is never going to be a RR bike, but these low hanging exhausts adversely effect right hand cornering. This has nothing to do with sound. Please don't assume I have an agenda. I'm the most outspoken, straight forward person you will EVER know, so please don't put words in my mouth!

Where can you get an RT for $365.00? Try here for one!

https://www.chicagoharley.com/cgi-bin/search_part3T.pl?part_number=32107-01B

OK it's $367.96 :rolleyes:

And get your quote right. The PCIIIr is $260 NOT $190 on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10064&item=2449405947

Here are the maps.

http://www.powercommander.com/809-311.shtml

You sir should really do your homework before you call me out!:rolleyes:

John

PS: Any other questions for me?

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I got mine for $190.so please don't go putting words in MY mouth.
And for your info, I NEVER called you out, just wanting to know if you were speaking from EXPIERIENCE or from what you hear.

Thanks for the race tuner link.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Vinny, I would love to know where you got a PCIIIr for $190.00. My neighbor owns a large HD dealership and sold me one for $250.00 OTD. I'm sure he made a few bucks on the deal, but $190.00 is a bit unrealistic unless it was used or hot.

John

Oh, and Merry Christmas! :)

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
EBAY.I got it about 2 months ago.I always go to "newly listed"you see everything quicker.Did the Buy it now.I couldn't resist.I don't care if it was hot or what,like I said couldn't pass the deal up.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Is 32107-o1b for the 28t pulley?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Here's the local link to free RT maps. I've posted 2 and I hope others will follow suit and post theirs.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=799

BTW, call Hales HD http://www.haleshd.com for the RT @ the 20% off price. They sell every HD part / accessory @ 20% off and seem to have a much better stock of V-Rod and SE parts than most dealers. Chicago HD stocks virtually nothing. They place the order with HD after you place it with them. If it's backordered you're screwed :2cents

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Bith Chicago and Hale's both say "not available for purchase online".Quess I'm gonna have to call.:rolleyes:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Hales doesn't really have an online ordering site. Their link takes you to HD and you're stuck with what they consider available on-line. Chicago HD has a custom parts link where you punch in the part number and they return the price. If you decide to place an order all it does is create an email message to their parts counter that they fill.

Just call Hales, they are great people and have always gone the extra mile to get me parts ASAP.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts