Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question will sound like it's been asked before, and I've done the searches and checked out all the posts..... But it's seems like I'm confused more than ever and was hoping some one could shed some light!! Please!?!? I have an 05 VRSB -- stock air filter - top on - and a PCIII currently running the stock map.... I've just vmodded my mufflers but kept everything else stock so far and would like any suggestions as to which map would be a good starting point? Just got the bike last month and it has a little over 500 mi - and I sure don't want to be doing anything to nuke the motor just for the sake of a little sound! Thanks!!! :notworth:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also need an answer to this question
Bone stock 2005 b vmod exhaust stock filter top on
any suggestion maps

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Koz, I downloaded a couple of different maps to my computer from this forum. I started with rj's map - since it seemed like everyone has had great results from it (THANKS RJ!!!) It seemed to be pretty good for me. As soon as I loaded it into the PCIII, I noticed it was very responsive from the line - a lot more than the factory setting. But since I've gotten some 'break-in' mileage on the bike and started playin' with the higher RPM's it seems like my bike seems to bog down a little from 6000-8000 RPM..... It pulls incredible from 1k up through around 6k but then feels like a strong headwind - it still pulls but not like the lower R's! I'm starting to second guess my decision of the 'self vmod' - even though I love the sound now!! Not sure if the bog is because of the map or because of decreased back pressure vmods - or just a common trait...... Haven't checked the plugs but am planning to do so, plus a couple more different PCIII maps to try to figure it out!!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
koz said:
thanks roguemtb I will try it soon
It seems RJ's map is prety good
That guy's a punk. I wouldn't trust his map, or him for that matter!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts