Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone gotten rims from the vmod.com chrome exchange? I've been waiting since april for them.they are telling me that their getting poor quality rims back from the chromer, thats whats taking so long. starting to think this was a bad idea.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Vrod003:

Man let me tell you, V-mod and their so called chromer problems caused my bike to be on a jack without a back wheel for close to a year and a half. The guy Steve the owner of V-mod screwed me royally, all over me paying him to widen my wheel and chroming it. I ended up being without my bike for a year and a half and just to get the bike on the road I simply agreed to accept for a reduced price a defective chromed rim.

If you got the feeling this was a bad idea for you, you have not seen anything yet. I ended up reporting V-mpd to Max to see if we could get this company's practices exposed. But after what I learned about how so many others were being screwed by Steve and V-mod, I felt it was best to cut my losses and simply bail out by reducing my losses.

Mustangtt and others have been thru this very same thing with V-mod and their chroming issues, I find it funny that this guy is still running this very same excuse and game in beating people. All I can say is that you are in a world of trouble. Cut your losses and bail as fast as possible. I have sworn that for as long as I ride, I will never provide V-mod another dime after what I went thru with them. Beware, there will be many running to this company's aid. But do your homework and you will find that there is an undercurrent of many that have suffered and are suffering at this company's hands. Just do a little digging, it will come to light

C

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
WTF!! This is bizarre............:wazzup:

I have had personal work done by Steve at his shop. I have ordered from Steve.
Everything has been first class in service, quality and good fellowship.
When I get ready, I will have him do work again.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
V-Mod has been very helpful in any dealings I have had with them and all parts ordered have arrived within days of the order and I am in Hawaii. Steve has also promptly answered any questions I have had promptly by both phone and e-mail.

If there is an issue with chromers then that is what it is!!

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
I have done business with him a few times and I cant complain while I dont share these other peoples excitment I can say the transactions were smooth and the business was fair..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the feed back guys. i too havent had any bad experiences with them until now, but i think im gettin out while the gettins good

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Steve is a standup guy and I have nothing but good things to say about him. I got screwed around by a chromer last year too and ended up holding a few guys $ for over 5 months while their parts were at the chromer. They kept telling me it'd be a week or 2, so I kept telling my customers the same thing. I looked like a total ass, but there wasn't anything I could do. I could see one of them writing up a post like oldfox's about me. That's why I don't take $ until they're done anymore. They have a batch of caps now that I was promised in 3 weeks that I gave them 12+ weeks ago. It's not hard to find a chromer that's fast, but I guarantee the chroming will be crappy. Sometimes there's really nothing you can do but wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was working with Steve with my 240 set-up from middle of April this year. I’ve received the widen chrome rear (tire installed and balanced), chrome pulley and chrome front about early June, so the time frame was expected. Now there were a couple hic-cup on our communication. But Steve stepped up and will take care of it. Now I’m back on the road and finally sporting a 240. Sorry for your situation, hope it will work out soon!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I had no problems from Steve. Call Him. He is one of us. I am sure he will make it right. I also know about chrome issues - I waited for months for my CFR. Cary refused to ship junk, and I bet Steve feels the same way. I can see no reason to let a bike sit - bolt on a wheel, and ride. My 30 years of experience in sending stuff out to be chromed taught me to send spares, send parts I made before I install them, and send my common parts after I get the chrome stuff. Most places refund the core charge, so you keep riding. If you let the thing sit, shame on you. I think I would prefer great chome slower than bad chrome, fast. JMHO, Joe

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
SteveR said:
IMO the work they did on my exhaust was crap. I'll never spend another dime there.
What work did you have done on an exhaust?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the v-modII cut. The welds were big and ugly. The opening at the end of the muffler was smaller than the stock muffler, nothing at all like the picture on the web site and they weren't even centered. I mean for $300 bucks I expected more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i cancelled i just dont trust the chromer issues, but i'll continue to buy other parts from them. watta gonna do! :banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts