Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reminder to put these on your calendar; :)

Virginia State HOG Rally - June 24-26
www.vastatehogrally.com
In my backyard, going to be a great time!

National CLUB H.O.G. XXI - RICHMOND, Va
21ST ANNUAL RALLY
August 27-28, 2004

Anyone interested in a V-Rod get together/ride, lets plan something early.
:vrod:
We can probably advertise at the local chapters a little to make more rodders aware of the forum also! :cheers:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'll be attending both, rooming at the host hotel in Chesapeake (VA State Rally) and at the Quality Inn just down the street from the race track for the National HOG in Richmond.

Look forward to hooking up.

Dave

·
Shakes
15 Posts
Going to the National

Plan on attending the H.O.G. National rally on Friday, will miss the Saturday events (VT vs USC game), gotta support my Hokies.. :thumb: Are you going down to Richmond on Friday? If so maybe we can rocket down together.
Shakes

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
VA V-Rod when are you working the both. I live less then 5mins from the event. Im thinking of talking to the wife and see if we want to do a cook out on Fri. or Sat.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have submitted my name as to work registration, at the State Rally, but haven't heard anything as of yet.

But I'll be staying in the host Hotel as long as my roommate doesn't invite too many more guys to stay with us, but if he does I can stay at the Naval Base at the Navy Lodge or BOQ. There is one guy who thinks because a roll away is only $10 more, that is what his cost is going to be to stay with us. It’s bad enough that I’ll be on the pull out couch, since my buddy made the reservation he’s got the main bedroom. But I work something out.

Dave

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dsbuckd said:
Plan on attending the H.O.G. National rally on Friday, will miss the Saturday events (VT vs USC game), gotta support my Hokies.. :thumb: Are you going down to Richmond on Friday? If so maybe we can rocket down together.
Shakes
Hey! When did you go to Tech? My wife & I were there from 88-94 (2 degrees each). I doubt if we will be going to many games this year, got a baby due end of October! :angelwin:
GO HOKIES!

·
Shakes
15 Posts
VT fan i am..

Vrod-tlam said:
Hey! When did you go to Tech? My wife & I were there from 88-94 (2 degrees each). I doubt if we will be going to many games this year, got a baby due end of October! :angelwin:
GO HOKIES!
Hi Vrod-tlam,

Not an alum.. but my son/money go their (junior, architecture), so I'm a pretty big fan :notworth:VT. Maybe we can ride down to a game sometime. Love Blacksburg and the trip down.

ShaKes

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Virginia State HOG rally coming up in a couple of weeks, are there any V-rods coming into town???
I was thinking about setting up a Sunday morning breakfast & ride... anyone interested?
:ride:

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are tentatively planning on meeting Sunday, June 27, at a biker place in Virginia Beach for breakfast and then riding south across some nice uncongested, twisty roads and then a ferry ride, and back up toward Chesapeak.

Please post if you are interested.
Mattj & myself will post more info soon. :biker:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'll be leaving the NoVA on Thursday morning will be in the area around 2:30 -3:00 PM. I guess I am not working the event because they coordinator didn't ask me to do anything. Oh well, more play time.

And also my room mate that I was rooming with invited a guy who just wanted to pay for the bunk bed $10 more, so I figured they could split the room; so I have a room at the Motel 6, Tom is keeping the light on for me, just down the street from the host hotel.

But I'll be there.

Dave

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Dave you are right behind the host hotel so Im thinking you wont be riding much form your hotel to the host. You can throw a stone and hit it.Give me a call when you get in I will still be working when you get in but we can hook up around 5 or so we me and my wife go in to register. Cell to reach me 757-515-2173. diomedes lives in the area so he will be around that night also.

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
V-rod Ride Sunday

Meeting at Boneshakers Saloon 9:00am Sunday, June 27
Boneshakers is at 1297 General Booth Blvd,Virginia Beach, about 20 minutes from the Rally Convention Center.

We will depart from there after a little breakfast, probably around 9:45-10:00.

If you see any other v-rods this weekend, invite them out. I'm going to make up some V-rodforum cards and list the Sunday ride also!
Look forward to putting some faces with names! :ride:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Great thanks Matt,

I'll call you when I get in the area and maybe you can help me find or tell me how to get to Boneshakers Saloon. :) My wife asked me what time I'd be getting home SUnday and she was kind of a pest so I told her between 10AM-10PM, I told her I had to hook up with my V-Rod friends on Sunday. Look forward to meeting you guys and gals.

Dave

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Dave you can get to Bone shakers by following me :hyper: I will be glad to meet everyone at the host hotel and take you from there. we can meet at 8:15 and pull out at 8:30

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If we decide to take a trip down to the Knotts Island-Currituck Ferry, we need to be there before 11:30am.
Mattj, do you want to map out a little ride down that way?
:biker:
Thanks - Tim

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
The ferry leave at 12 noon So if we give our self 1 hr to get there then we would be safe. I would say we are looking at about a 3 hr ride or so with the ferry ride

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mattj said:
The ferry leave at 12 noon So if we give our self 1 hr to get there then we would be safe. I would say we are looking at about a 3 hr ride or so with the ferry ride
Yeah, probably be fine to get there around 11:30.
Do you know any decent places to eat on the other side?

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
On a Sunday there are not many places at all mainly fastfood but I will check and see whats open. In NC most places are closed on Sunday

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just wanted to come on here and thank Matt for all he did and the time he took out of his schedule to hang with me and make me feel at home while I was in Chesapeake for the HOG Rally; thanks Matt.

It was great to hook up with Tim and Nelson too, you guys were a blast to hang with, and I had a lot of fun.

I sure hope those other guys with V-Rods we meet will come here and join us: I'll personally work on Bob when he gets back in town.

Anyway thanks to all of you and Cindy for putting up with me, first class treatment.

Thanks all,

Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts