Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was great meeting you guys today and finally meeting Frank and seeing his awesome bikes.

You guys rock and that accidental bonfire during the burnout competition was pretty cool.

·
Frank
4,316 Posts
The V-Rods and Hot Bods II event down in Houston put on By Vindicta and Rebublic HD was pretty cool. The support for the V-rod platform was great there and the dealership really stepped up on this one.

I must say, that was indeed the most impressive burnout competition I have seen and the bikes were held in place. I was lined up to participate, but after the first 2 Vindicta members got up and ran until their tire blew and tore off license plates and stuff in the process, I gracefully bowed out and admitted defeat :notworth: . With the pile of rubber still smoldering on the ground all around the area, the next Vindicta bike was straped in place and began his run. After a rough start (surfaces were quite sticky), he got his spinning quite well. So well in fact it caught the rubber (I think) and the surrounding hay bails on fire! Now that was a burnout! The best I had ever seen. After the flames were put down and since the tire had not yet blown, the rider still wanted more! If you can beleive it, another member ran his after the fire until it blew as well! Thise guys were nuts!

There were at least 2 videos taken of that event, so please post a link to them if they are posted online somewhere. I would love to share that one with some buddies.

After the carnage was over, the folks at Republic said they would provide new rear tires for ALL participants, not just the winner. Heck, they even lined them up for mounting. Now that is class, a big hats off to the folks at that dealership.

Oh, I also have to mention the bikini show they put on as well.... very pretty girls and the dealership gave them $500 and $250. My wife and I even saw a couple of them working at Hooters later that night.... top notch!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I found some photos and video posted on the Vindicta Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/VINDICTAVRA
That is the only video I have seen as well so far, although I thought I saw a video camera tripod mounted during the contest. I think it may have been the dealers camera, I plan on running by there later this week to see if it was and can get copies fo it to post up.

BAD V-R said:
I was lined up to participate, but after the first 2 Vindicta members got up and ran until their tire blew and tore off license plates and stuff in the process, I gracefully bowed out and admitted defeat
I was wondering what happened... I thought you had brought yours out and just didn't want to get in it after the fire.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice to see yall again and and met a few new people off the site here. Had to cut it short but still had a good time. Hope to see yall this sat at the track. :moped:

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
those last two videos are pretty funny..

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
those last two videos are pretty funny..
They are first timers jedi. End result was not bad. The second video is ShaggyHou.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
They are first timers jedi. End result was not bad. The second video is ShaggyHou.
not saying they were bad.. just reminds me of doing a burnout the first time.. my favorite is seeing people try a rolling burnout for the first time OR doing one with the front break.. used to be a video of cupcake (member) doing one for the first time on a sporty.. it was great.. the bale catching on fire was awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts