Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Frank
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What model V-Rod do you have? I had several people ask about making another run of the FFSK, but when I PM'd them directly and posted in the Commercail Classified thread last week, not a single one replied back.... so at this point there are no plans for another run as I need at least 4 people with their pre-sale forms submitted. At this time I have zero!

The centerstand when retracted will no be any lower than the lowest parts on the bike. However, due to their position on the frame, they may tend to hang up on things like speed bumps more that other areas when trying to ride slammed.

When (and if) I do the controller/stand combo, riding with it slammed is not really an option (not a good idea at all anyway) since the centerstand is automatically retracted when the suspension is inflated to 1 of 2 proper stettings (which means the front is fully inflated). The front should not be considered 'adustable', just normal and slammed positions.

If you do your own controller and/or your don't have the FFSK, you can do whatever you want with the centerstand. Just apply air to retrant, remove air before you drop the bike and it will be in place to support te bike when it drops.

Just an FYI, the centerstand will NOT raise the bike if dropped first. It operates like a block under your frame, so it must be in place before you drop the bike. A spring (and the the bike's weight) is what holds the stand in the down position, so it will allow the bike to roll forward while the suspension is down, but it will be dragging the lower portion of the blocks as ther are still under spring pressure. This is why it is important to only rely on the centerstand a flat spots or slightly inclined when the bike is facing uphill (normal bike parking 101 anyway).

·
Registered
193 Posts
With the amount of "in gear" swap the bike has, would the bike be able to fall off the stand on flat ground just moving around? Lots of people where I live like to mess to others peoples bikes. I couldn't tell you how many times my switches, mirrors and anything else has been tampered with while away from the bikes. I'm very interested to see the final product. I would be a no controller purchase. As always, thanks for being an innovator.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
I would also be interested in both the FFSK and the centerstand for my '08 Nightrod build. Please post any updates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there any updates on this? I'm interested in the front air sus and the center stand. I currently have a rear air sus and would like to do the rest. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just looking for an update and to ask a question. I see you using a fob to actuate the system. I can guarantee I will loose this or forget it someplace. Is it possible to wire the system to physical switches located on the bike? Also, Can you rock the bike forwards and back while resting on the stand out of gear just to see how stable it is. I know gravity will naturally hold the feet square and the bike should not tend to roll if parked correctly but say a person forgets to park with the front end higher than the rear and bumps the bike. Great idea and I cant wait to try one out for myself. Just hoping this hasn't fallen off the back burner is all.

·
Registered
687 Posts
FFSK soon to be home and now crossing fingers for the cenerstand to be out for sale so if more are intrested please show that by writing here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested on doing that or getting the kit, is it available or any suggests where can I get it? Thanks
Ps. Awesone work

41 - 55 of 55 Posts