Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Frank
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there has been somewhat of a renewed interest in my front air ride system and the centerstand I made for my bike all being controlled by my own automatic controller, I made a video of it all in operation. I did this for a couple reasons, one is because that bike will be on eBay shortly with no reserve so I should not have it anymore as a model and I wanted to see if there really was a genuine interest in such a system within the V-Rod community.

Just in case anyone asks, the front setup will only work on the non-inverted forks and I can't see any way to do it for them now or in the future.. I have looked into it a few times before.

All I can tell you is this bike and the overall setup gets a LOT of attention!

http://youtu.be/OLhxBEJv_2E
http://youtu.be/M1oUnb0XA70

If I was to create a centerstand kit and automatic controller that would be used in conjunction with an existing rear air suspension (and compressor) that would include all of the valves and sensors for the rear and front (purchased separately) plus 2 remotes in the $600-$700 (or $500-600 for rear and centerstand only), how many folks would be interested? The front pressure would be preset at the factory, but the rear could be adjusted and 2 settings stored for automatic 1 or 2 up riding.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Holy hell that is badass. I'm racking my brain right now trying to make a center stand that I can just flip down when I slam the from and rear.

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
c'mon I know some of you other guys that bought a FFFSK must be interested in one of these!

·
Frank
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im with brett but would like to know more stability etc
I would say that mine is more stable then your current Juffy stand, especially when you have your bike lowered.

The only thing to need to be away of is not to park with the bike pointing downhill (not that you should ever be doing that). Since the stand swings from the rear to the front, if the bike goes forward, it would increase the chances of the stand folding up. If the bike would roll backwards, it would just force it into position even more.

When the stand is down, the weight of the bike holds it in place very well. The design works by using the weight of the bike to its advantage, not fighting to hold it up.

If I do this, I will post some additonal detailed pictures so you can all see how it works, the pricipals a play, how it would secure and how it would connect to the rest of your system.

The current design I am playing around with in my head, could possibly secure with the double sided auto trim adhesive tape and a couple small screws.

·
Me LuvYou Short Time
65 Posts
Very interested in the center stand for a 2013 VRSCDXA.

Please mail me details (and price) when they're known.

·
Frank
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interested in a center stand if it can be used with regular (non-Air) suspension :popcorn:
Would not work with a non-air suspension system as it requires the bike to drop onto the stand to hold it in place. It does not require any air or power when lowered, so it can't rasie the bike itself.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Would not work with a non-air suspension system as it requires the bike to drop onto the stand to hold it in place. It does not require any air or power when lowered, so it can't rasie the bike itself.
Ok, so the stand is actually stationary on the bike, it doesn't "actuate" like a regular center stand that folds down to hold the bike while parked, it just holds the bike in place when it's slammed?

·
Frank
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so the stand is actually stationary on the bike, it doesn't "actuate" like a regular center stand that folds down to hold the bike while parked, it just holds the bike in place when it's slammed?
No, watch the video. The stand is held out of the way until the bike is about to be dropped. At that time the stand comes down under the fuel cell plate and as the bike is allowed to drop, the stand comes in contact with the ground and holds the bike up.

A normal bike centerstand requires YOU to add a great deal of up and back power to get the stand down and the bike on it.

·
VRSC est -03
2,529 Posts
Hei
Interested;
I`ve mounted the air compressor under the fuse box / on top of fuel tank,
pretty tight there.. Is it a lot of extra air related stuff with the stand-kit?
Any picture or drawings maybe?
Knut

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Lmao ,frank .I remember your bike being awesome and a ton of stuff to look at .you are the man of much tricky cool stuff I think the kick stand eluded me .or the damn Coors light ,eroded it from my brain.have to catch up again,when we are down your way .maybe mwt 10 and we will come via Texas .if your not going

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Air Ride….CENTER STAND

Since there has been somewhat of a renewed interest in my front air ride system and the centerstand I made for my bike all being controlled by my own automatic controller, I made a video of it all in operation. I did this for a couple reasons, one is because that bike will be on eBay shortly with no reserve so I should not have it anymore as a model and I wanted to see if there really was a genuine interest in such a system within the V-Rod community.

Just in case anyone asks, the front setup will only work on the non-inverted forks and I can't see any way to do it for them now or in the future.. I have looked into it a few times before.

All I can tell you is this bike and the overall setup gets a LOT of attention!

http://youtu.be/OLhxBEJv_2E
http://youtu.be/M1oUnb0XA70

If I was to create a centerstand kit and automatic controller that would be used in conjunction with an existing rear air suspension (and compressor) that would include all of the valves and sensors for the rear and front (purchased separately) plus 2 remotes in the $600-$700 (or $500-600 for rear and centerstand only), how many folks would be interested? The front pressure would be preset at the factory, but the rear could be adjusted and 2 settings stored for automatic 1 or 2 up riding.
Franks video deserves another look…..for those who've recently joined the forum. He's been a forerunner of innovative VRod designs.
Two of his Vrods are for sale on Ebay….check them out in the classified section.

·
Frank
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hei
Interested;
I`ve mounted the air compressor under the fuse box / on top of fuel tank,
pretty tight there.. Is it a lot of extra air related stuff with the stand-kit?
Any picture or drawings maybe?
Knut
No pictures or drawings at this point. Right now it is just a one-off I did years ago and trying to determine if it is worth my time (and investment) to draw-up and tool a more universal system that can be sold to others.

Based on the response thus far, not really worth it.

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
That is quite disappointing to hear Frank. I have always been in awe of your work over the years and hope that somehow that your centerstand offer comes about.

Honestly with the number of people with Air systems on their bikes plus the others who bought your FFSKs I am surprised that you have not got enough attention.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts