Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of available videos on how to do service maintenance on my 12 DX.

I was told a guy called CFR made some but for the life of me, I can't find them

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much oblige!!!
Tapes are awesome and here is looking at you Rod: :notworth:

Just got my DX three days ago....:moped: YIIIHHAAAA!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great Video. I just purchased an 08 VRSCAW & the previous owner has lowered the front end some how. I've noticed that normal travel or stroke seems to be about 1 & 5/8th inches & the distance between the top of the seal chrome dust cover and the bottom triple tree is 2 & 5/8th inches when on kick stand with no passenger. Road clearance is less & cornering (lean angle) is reduced. How can I make it stock again??

Lamedad

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lamedad,
I don't know if this helps but: I road tested a CA 09 a while back and the shock had not been serviced ever...so they bounced up and down like a yoyo.

If this is the case with yours, I would guess the preload on them could be low due to the need to service...that it might be a rationale related as to why your bike seems lower.

Better minds might chime in on this, I am sure...just thought I throw that out in case it rings a bell with you. Your shocks should not bounce up and down more than once when you push them. If it does, that is my understanding of a shock in dire need of service.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
progressive standard length springs.

contact Sharkey here on the forum..

I bet they put lowering springs in the front and moved the forks up in the triple trees.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for your replies. The rest of the story..... this bike has a very stiff suspension. The rear shock is set on 4 and my 6ft. 3in. 300 lbs gets really jolted when I enter a driveway or hit a slight hole in the road. I'm afraid to adjust the rear shock because the bike if much less than normal ground clearance IMO on the front end. If I knew how one lowers this bike, maybe I would be able to figure out how to put it back to standard height.

Lamedad

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Do you have a manual?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, Owner's & Service Manual. The service manual figure 2-104 Front Fork/Steering head components shows the parts. I'm trying to determine what part is modified or changed so I can return to stock parts. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your input.

Lamedad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts