Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is far from a V-Rod, but it is a Harley and sort of like V-Rod's great grandfather.

This is a video I shot of my 1915 Harley that we just finished rebuilding from top to bottom. The video is of us (Dave Fusiak and Buzz Kanter) getting it started for the first time, two days ago.

I am planning on riding this 1915 Harley over 3300 miles from coast to coast on the Motorcycle Cannonball Run in September. Wish me luck.

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
Good stuff, congratulations and good luck on the cannonball run.

Steve

·
Registered
248 Posts
NICE!!!!! and good luck!!!

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Really cool. Amazing that you get something that old up and running again, has to be a great feeling. You need a sheepskin seat cover for the seat or else you'll have a big callous on your rear after the Cannonball.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Cool adventure!

That's very cool!
Coast to coast on 1915 Harley bicycle seat.....
You may want to wear "silicone gel pad" bicycle pants.
Good luck.
Please take videos & pic's of your adventure.Thanks!

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Hopefully, 1130cc forum members can support your effort and cheer you on along the way.If possible,Please post your milestones day to day,hour to hour.

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really cool. Amazing that you get something that old up and running again, has to be a great feeling. You need a sheepskin seat cover for the seat or else you'll have a big callous on your rear after the Cannonball.
Thanks, already have one custom fitted to that seat.

·
Street Rodder
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully, 1130cc forum members can support your effort and cheer you on along the way.If possible,Please post your milestones day to day,hour to hour.
Day by day - perhaps. Hour by hour - no way! I'll be too busy trying to keep it all together and moving forward safely.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Well done Buzz. congratulations to you both. Please keep us updated on your progress. And more videos of course.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Now that is crazy, do u have a iron butt? Good luck man that's awesome to hear running, how long was it sitting for?

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
WOW Great work and good luck. I hope someone gave you a riders bell already. I can last all day on the vrod and about 27 miles on my Gsxr I know you want a stock ride but maybe a lil mod to the seat would be ok we will let it slide LOL.

Let us know when your scheduled to arrive and where on the west coast. So we can give you your just deserved :notworth: and a few beers :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
:notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth:

i give you credit....i no i couldnt do it

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Top speed is. ...75 mph?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts