Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Land Pilot
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this in my email:

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Watch the 2011 Victory Hammer vs The V-rod

The video is a hoot. They show a Hammer and a Muscle at a racetrack and then talk about how much more of everything the Hammer has than the Harley... my favorite part is the dragstrip comparison - but oops! they don't actually show a race, just the Hammer dragging down the strip alone... "35% more torque for acceleration... just watch..."

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah, and they use their base price comparison on the 8-ball model...which is their stripped down solo version...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
is there anyone out there that wouldn't expect a 1700cc bike to have more hp and torque than a 1250cc bike?
Hammer: dry weight 670lbs VRSCF: 630
I'm betting the F would take it on the drag strip

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
If I had Trump's money, one of these would probably be in my garage. But at 86 horsepower and about the same torque, they won't run with any V-rod. I like their looks, and appreciate the improvements they've made over their first ten years, (I had a '99), but with only one bike, it's the rod. FWIW.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Victory is by far the Worst MC Co in the world. Every other co has at least 1-2 respectable bikes in their line up, Victory is 100% Crap. They teaming up with that Dinosaur Arlen Ness was a Perfect MArriage of Old and tired designs with no Modern appeal what so ever.
The motor design actually Angers me when I see them they are so Pitiful.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe their market research suggests vrod owners are the most likely to abandon H-D and take a chance on another brand

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
upon further review, their 106ci engine only has 92hp but 113 ft. lbs torque. Couple that with weighing more than the F (can't find the running order weight), stock vs. stock the F (122hp) would eat the hammer for lunch and shite it out to make room for dinner

2010 Hammer/Hammer Sl Specs
106ci/1731cc engine produces 97HP and 113ft-lbs of torque
Engine: 4-stroke 50° V-Twin
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gals
Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
Primary Drive: Gear drive with torque compensator
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt

·
Registered
415 Posts
upon further review, their 106ci engine only has 92hp but 113 ft. lbs torque. Couple that with weighing more than the F (can't find the running order weight), stock vs. stock the F (122hp) would eat the hammer for lunch and shite it out to make room for lunch

Well put AOW

Made me smile a whole lot .:rofl:
Cheers

Moto

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
upon further review, their 106ci engine only has 92hp but 113 ft. lbs torque. Couple that with weighing more than the F (can't find the running order weight), stock vs. stock the F (122hp) would eat the hammer for lunch and shite it out to make room for dinner

2010 Hammer/Hammer Sl Specs
106ci/1731cc engine produces 97HP and 113ft-lbs of torque
Engine: 4-stroke 50° V-Twin
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gals
Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
Primary Drive: Gear drive with torque compensator
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
Those numbers are at the crank. And, the Victory weighs 50 lb. more than the V. But, regardless of Lux's opinion, still a nice bike, came out as a new machine with overhead cam fuel injected technology, Brembo brakes, etc. Their whole line up is 100 years ahead of HD's air cooled stable, including the much vaunted XR1200 and nearly unrideable Rocker.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nope they just hope all the guys who went broke in the economy will take one since they can not afford the VROD. At this point I would rather not have a vrod then buy something different, and I ant even rode the bike yet
Maybe their market research suggests vrod owners are the most likely to abandon H-D and take a chance on another brand

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
yeah, and they use their base price comparison on the 8-ball model...which is their stripped down solo version...
"8-BALL" says it all!

is there anyone out there that wouldn't expect a 1700cc bike to have more hp and torque than a 1250cc bike?
Yes, V-Twins anyway, because most are poorly engineered. The HP to CC ratio on the Revo is incredible for a true V-Twin and for whatever reason the Japs just don't get it done with their V-Twins or Victory either. Look at the 3 cylinder 2300CC Rocket, it should smoke a Busa but is a joke for the inches it sports.

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
It's not a bad bike, but I have to wonder why they stacked it up against a V-Rod? Sure as hell it's not faster, perhaps it handles better?

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
dinosaurs

Victory is by far the Worst MC Co in the world. Every other co has at least 1-2 respectable bikes in their line up, Victory is 100% Crap. They teaming up with that Dinosaur Arlen Ness was a Perfect MArriage of Old and tired designs with no Modern appeal what so ever.
The motor design actually Angers me when I see them they are so Pitiful.
Arlen Ness is Definitely a dinosaur, but'cha gotta appreciate his vintage one off museum pieces. :hidesbeh:
The new Ness(son ) designs have lost character.

·
Registered
123 Posts
more like black ball or blue ball:D
"8-BALL" says it all!

Yes, V-Twins anyway, because most are poorly engineered. The HP to CC ratio on the Revo is incredible for a true V-Twin and for whatever reason the Japs just don't get it done with their V-Twins or Victory either. Look at the 3 cylinder 2300CC Rocket, it should smoke a Busa but is a joke for the inches it sports.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,168 Posts
This will not be popular here but I liked the way it looked. If I had $$$ for multiple bikes I'd probably have one of these. I think it was not too bad looking a bike unlike the Triumph Rocket III with the 10 liter engine I saw today riding down the road.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It's not a bad bike, but I have to wonder why they stacked it up against a V-Rod? Sure as hell it's not faster, perhaps it handles better?
Because the only thing they can claim is more torque. In there sales booklet they pick something that they have that is better then the Harley they compare it to. This is the only thing it they claim is more then the V-Rod has.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Don't understand some of you guys why trash the bike? Atleast it's an American built scooter and keeps the moco on their toes. Shall I list all the b.s. that the moco and it's little lord fontleroy Willy G. have done over the years to the motorcycles? I like the Victory's, don't care for some of the designs per Arlon Ness but then I've never liked anything he has put out. I agree that the Victory motor can't even begin to contend with the V-Rod but it's still a nice scoot and not a jap make over trying to look like a Harley. Just my two cents. :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts