Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a vrod 2011,the one in the picture, just need advise with aterrible vibration nproblem i have at any speed, just is very uncomfortable to ride like this, even thinking to sell it.
any advise ????

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Not nearly enough information. You will have to be more specific on this vibration.

Have you rode an air cooled Harley? Now that is a vibration!

Sorry need more details.... Sorry I left my crystal ball at work today....

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Check to see if your wheels are bent or are running out. (A sideways wiggle) Make sure your tire weights are still on. check your rear wheel alignment to the front wheel.

To make sure it is not coming from the engine, do this test. Drive the bike to a comfortable speed and while it is vibrating, pull in the clutch and kill the engine and coast. if it is still vibrating, it is coming from something that is still spinning while the engine is off.

Bicep

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
one thing that tends to be over looked is a tire problem as in a belt separated in the tire, if the vibration is there as Bicep says while engine is off and coasting have someone drive behind you and look at the tire, separated belts are hard to detect sometimes unless moving

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Hi, i have a vrod 2011,the one in the picture, just need advise with aterrible vibration nproblem i have at any speed, just is very uncomfortable to ride like this, even thinking to sell it.
any advise ????
How ya gunna sell it in that condition ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, the thing is that at certain speed and over lets say 40 mph, you can feel like you can not see the traffic behind you through the mirrors, as it's like is all blurry from the vibration, of course at more speed it get worse, you feel like your eyeballs are goint to pop out, the bike has 1200 miles, V&H 2.1 comp series exhaust.
when you pull the clutch, look like is still happening although less, havent kill the engine like muscle sugested, but i will(thanks for the advise), tire pressure ok, wheels ok, took it to the 1000 miles service at the dealer, high speed balance done, on the first ride after service felt better, but then started again even worse.
Even .as said before, asked for a trade in to a new 10th anniversary,or even a new muscle, since i like the power of this bikes, they offered me 12000, (this was at the dealership), (never would sell to anyone else like this), but i think will give it a try first, to see if this can be fixed, problem is that at the dealer they said that was not that bad.
so any opinions will be appreciated.
thanks in advance

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
make sure they torqued the wheels.

belt tension

·
DeltaSS
173 Posts
X2 on the wheels being tightened, even AFTER the 1K service I found the front nut back off about 1/4". Nearly lost the nut!

what about the triple tree bearings?

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
if the dealer isn't doing everything to find the problem report them to Harley and if you have another dealer around go to them, the bike should go down the road smooth as silk, accept nothing less!:soapbox:

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
It is still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer before you get hurt.
If this bike is under warranty the burden is on the dealer to fix it. Make them honor the warranty before they say you where poking around and should have let us take care of it. Warranty Voided.

I agree with lastinline.

Next he will be telling us he bought the extended warranty also. You did, didn't you?

Bicep

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
:them:

If the vibration increases with speed, odds are it's in the wheels and tires. Wouldn't be the first time a bike came off the production line with bad wheels or tires.

·
Black Denim F
1,046 Posts
if the dealer isn't doing everything to find the problem report them to Harley and if you have another dealer around go to them, the bike should go down the road smooth as silk, accept nothing less!:soapbox:
The dealer is a lazy ass.......go elsewhere.........
If this bike is under warranty the burden is on the dealer to fix it. Make them honor the warranty before they say you where poking around and should have let us take care of it. Warranty Voided.

I agree with lastinline.

Next he will be telling us he bought the extended warranty also. You did, didn't you?

Bicep
These guys are all right. Go to another dealer and raise hell if you have to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts