Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:stilpoke::[/U][/I][/B]Having never ridden a Vrod before, is it normal for them vibrate like a vtwin till about 3500 then smooth out?

Just did a breakin run on a basket case. Rebuilt motor, mostly rings, bearings and exhaust valves, and oil pump relief piston(which had stuck due to factory burrs on side feed hole). Runs very strong. Only has 6600 miles.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Having never ridden a Vrod before, is it normal for them vibrate like a vtwin till about 3500 then smooth out?

Just did a breakin run on a basket case. Rebuilt motor, mostly rings, bearings and exhaust valves, and oil pump relief piston(which had stuck due to factory burrs on side feed hole). Runs very strong. Only has 6600 miles.
Every Vtwin will have some of what's called normal vibes or pulse. My DX is the most buzy at 2700-2800. Slightly noticable in the mirrors but everywhere else mirrors are steady. At 3500 in top gear, it will have a sight pulse to it and around 4k very little. Having owned a counterbalanced softail before the vrod is less in the vibe department. Problem with trying to explain vibes is everyone has a different perception or feeling for it but if you are comparing it to a rigid mounted non balanced EVO, then I'd say you have too much vibration.
Ron

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Every Vtwin will have some of what's called normal vibes or pulse. My DX is the most buzy at 2700-2800. Slightly noticable in the mirrors but everywhere else mirrors are steady. At 3500 in top gear, it will have a sight pulse to it and around 4k very little. Having owned a counterbalanced softail before the vrod is less in the vibe department. Problem with trying to explain vibes is everyone has a different perception or feeling for it but if you are comparing it to a rigid mounted non balanced EVO, then I'd say you have too much vibration.
Ron
Exactly as Ron says, peoples perceptions are too big of a variable
to give any definitive answer. The best thing to do would be to find another V Rod to have a ride on so you can compare. Sure, bikes vary also but the difference will be minimal and you will then know if yours feels similar or far worse. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
...Having never ridden a Vrod before, is it normal for them vibrate like a vtwin till about 3500 then smooth out?

The VRSC models shouldn't vibrate anything like the other V-Twin Harleys. The VRSC has a balance shaft and sufficient motor mount compliance to trap the engine vibrations. If you're experiencing vibrations from the engine, I'd be looking at bad motor mounts (the front one is the usual culprit) or an exhaust system that's not positioned properly and rubbing on the frame somewhere.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine sounds the same as Rons, around 2500 to just under 3000 slight vibration in left mirror, very little if any vibes above or blow these rpm.
Mind you I think some times it's me and I change up gears a bit too soon and prob labour the engine. We drive a lot of diesel cars in the uk that have a lot of torque and that's what I'm used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.