Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , 60 ft times dropped by .3 going from one track the uses no VHT to a track that uses bucket loads of the stuff. From 1.35 s to 1.65 s with no other changes but VHT being used at slower track . So much so that you could hardly walk on the stuff . Bike bogged like a mofo. Changed launch rpm , tire pressure up and down , no improvement. Can a track actually ruin the surface by using to much glue ? Or do you just need 5000 hp to pull out of it? Thanks :banghead:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ps as day warmed up it go so bad that rear tyre acted like a pivot slamming wheelie bar hard then pogoing back hard enough to actually leave a patch of VHT ed track on front tyre after run was completed and we were back at shed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ANy good track should and will use a traction compound(VHT). Provides a launch surface with no spin and consistent 60' times.
Sounds like you tried everything except adjusting your clutch. Changing the weights and springs on clutch lockup is a major factor. IF your bike is lazy and bogging at the launch you probably have too much spring pressure. The idea is to let the clutch slip itself a little bit during the launch. Then the lockup arms should clamp down on the clutch plates at about 10-15 ft out. Bottom line is that your sixty ft times should be a lot better on a prepped surface vs a no prep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey . So from my understanding of that , the more traction the track provide s the less static I need in clutch ? Having so much grip would bring arms in quicker as well ?
We only run this track once a year , but will note in my book for next season . When I say they glued it I mean the stuff was sticking to ya boots like chewing gum all stringy and shit . First time I Ve seen a surface with so much adhesion , just seemed way to much compared to other tracks we race on . Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts