Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
they are nice, i had them on my dx for about 2k then i went to a rinehart 2:1 pipe. i gotta take pics of mine and put them in the classified.

back to the black widows
they are not too loud. if you plan on doing longer rides i reccomend them cause they exit pretty far back. they look great to with the chrome end caps

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have em and love em. They are not super loud but I think they have a nice bark when you crack the throtle. Look good as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i love mine, the look is great and the sound is perfect for ME. Not nearly whisper quiet as the stock, but not WAY loud either. I would guess that most owners are after the louder range of pipes, i catch alot of shiz from my fellow Harley owners about how much louder their HDs are compared to mine, i hear the "it sure as hell don't sound like any Harley I've ever heard" and "a loud bike is a safe bike" but i personally don't want a super loud teeth chattering exhaust. But they definitely have a mean tone all of their own. But all and all i would def recommend them if you are looking for a high quality, performance exhaust, as long as they weren't looking to rattle the neighbors windows. And definitely get the FuelPak.

·
09 VRSCDX
22 Posts
Ive had the black widows on for 7000km,s.They sound meaty under acceleration and not to loud at idle.I have had a 1 neighbour say that when the bike starts it can give a good bang,and has woken her up more than once.I do have 1 problem with them that is getting worse,the chrome end caps are bubbling and peeling,it is noticable.The bike is my everyday ride,so its cops all weather extremes.There only a year old.If i was going to get new pipes,then i wouldnt buy these again.There are better quality pipes out there for my money.Maybe i just got a bad batch,who knows.IMO.:vrod:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts